The ideal candidate for this role is a dynamic individual with excellent communication and strong analytical skills, business acumen and the ability to assimilate information quickly, with focus on incident and problem management.
General Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Manage day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages.
* Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives.
* Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments.
* Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to policy, procedures, and production monitoring.
* Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
* Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients.
* Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
* Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance.
* Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
* Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the team and the customers.
* Must be able to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while balancing competing priorities
* Must have "Can-do" attitude which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
* Must Possess excellent trouble-shooting skills, and the drive to help internal/external customers.
* Must demonstrate sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information, ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
* 3+ years' experience working with UNIX/Linux environments
* 1-3 years of hands-on experience in data analysis/ SQL writing
* 1-3 years' experience in UNIX shell, Perl, Python, or similar scripting languages.
* 3+ years' experience supporting distributed applications (Oracle, SQL Server, Linux, Java, servlets/JSP, Spring, Cassandra, Hibernate, etc.)
* Experience utilizing scheduler software such Control-M or Autosys
* Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills required.
* Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
* Experience supporting mission-critical in financial services industry, particularly in a merchant servicing environment is a big plus.
BA/BS required in Computer Science or equivalent.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Applications Support Engineer, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Plano Full Time Employment
Applications Support - IBM Z series, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Site Reliability Engineer - IVR, Call Routing & Contact Center Applications, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Plano Full Time Employment
Vice President, Application Development Lead, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Plano Full Time Employment