Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Basic knowledge of application development
• Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
• Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
• Experience supporting Java based applications within a global production support environment
• UNIX / Redhat Linux skills, including ability to function at the command level, and scripting with at least 1 language: Ksh, Perl, Bash, Python
• Database skills such as SQL and stored procedures for primarily Oracle PL/SQL
• Exposure to newer technologies such as Kafka, Microservices, Tomcat, Apache
• Exposure to Job Monitoring tools such as Control-M or Autosys preferred
• Monitoring tool familiarity such as: Geneos, , Splunk, Grafana, App Dynamics, and/or Dynatrace preferred
• Prior software development background, DevOps methodologies exposure / processes, or SRE work experience is helpful
• DevOps and AWS or other cloud exposure, fintech / financial services / tech industry experience preferred
* Ability to work outside of normal hours including participating in a changing, rotational on-call schedule including weekends week per business needs
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Applications Support Engineer, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Plano Full Time Employment
Applications Support - IBM Z series, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Vice President, Application Development Lead, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Plano Full Time Employment