Lumiform is a VC-backed SaaS start-up based in Berlin, Germany. Our goal is to transform internal inspections in a massive, untapped market which still relies on pen & paper. We enable companies to simplify and digitalize their inspection workflows to improve quality & safety and save time.
We are looking for a passionate full-stack engineer who gets the chance to work on all levels of our stack. Our goal for the next 3 months is to make the desktop app more reliable and intuitive, while after 3 months, you will work with your future colleagues on developing our worldwide unique workflow management system.
You will work with our state-of-the-art technology such as functional programming and Typescript. While you should have a knowledge of Typescript, functional programming is just a nice-to-have.
With our learning culture we want to support your personal and professional growth. We provide a learning budget and reserved every Friday afternoon for acquiring new skills.
Just as important, by working at Lumiform you not only get the chance to develop as an engineer and person but in this early phase of the company you also get the unique opportunity to shape the success of Lumiform and our mission: To help millions of employees and organizations exceed their quality promises and make jobs safe.
You will work closely together with a highly experienced, ever-growing team of engineers: 2 full-stack, 1 front-end and 2 native app developers.
Our tech stack we use
- Vue.js, Vuex, Typescript, fp-ts, io-ts, SCSS
- PHP 7, Laravel 6, MySQL 8
- Swift, Kotlin
- Docker, AWS (EC2, S3)
This is how your first weeks could look like
- Week 1-2: Familiarize yourself with all aspects of Lumiform. You will be extensively onboarded and you will have time to settle yourself at Lumiform.
- Week 3-8: You are writing your first lines of code and get your first tasks. Half a day a week you can also train in an area that interests you. You will have constant discussions and feedback with our tech lead Oleg and daily interaction with the entire development team is routine. You will get familiar with our whole tech stack
- Month 2-4: By this time you know our system already quite well. You, together with the whole team, will focus on tasks to improve intuitiveness and reliability of our product to provide the users the best possible experience
- From month 4: You are ready for the next phase: Building our workflow automation system that will save our Users even more time. After that you will work on new type of inspections, like collaborative inspections via Video
Tasks in general
- You are fully involved in all processes and you already understand the Lumiform system very well.
- As always, you get completely pre-defined designs by our product designer and well-structured tickets in Jira by our product manager.
- Collaborate with our QA engineer that will support you with developing reliable code
- You work at all levels of the stack, from PHP and MySQL on the back-end to Vue, Typescript, SCSS on the front-end
- You are heavily involved in the end-to-end lifecycle of Lumiform features, from concept to deployment
- You take part in a process of conceptualizing and implementing complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability but also on crafting a beautiful user experience
- At least 1 years of experience with Vue.js, Vuex, Laravel, MySQL or with similar frameworks (React, Symfony)
- You also know Typescript very well, and you have used it together with Vue
- Not required, but would be nice if you have some experience with the new - - Composition API and fp-ts, io-ts or similar functional programming libraries like Ramda
- You know how to work with MySQL effectively using indexes, optimizing slow queries and avoid common problems
- You have application architecture design experience including database and API design
- You have a base understanding of modern application infrastructure setup (Docker), operations and monitoring experience
- You possess strong personal and professional skills which will be a great addition to our engineering culture in an agile environment
- You are a team player with a result-oriented mindset and an empathetic person
- As an early-stage startup, our product evolves rapidly so your work has a major impact on our highly growing user base
- We care about your personal & professional development. You receive a monthly learning budget for books, courses, conferences etc. and some hours per week are reserved for learning new skills.
- We offer a competitive salary
- Feel free to work remotely like all of our developers. Collaboration has fully adapted to it and we try our best to keep up the team feeling.
- In case you want to visit us or work from the office: We have a beautiful workplace in the heart of Berlin (Torstraße in Berlin Mitte) as well as benefits like fresh fruits, free drinks, good coffee etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Join a team of 8 nationalities (of 16 employees) and of various backgrounds. - We ensure that you have regular contact with everybody and that you are updated on the company progress
- Flat hierarchy
- No overtime
- VC-backed / job security
Most businesses conduct quality and safety checks analogously, communicate via email or hand over documents personally or via SharePoint. Information is scattered, responsibilities are unclear and the status is non-transparent. They try to overcome the chaos with even more checklists and regular audits, spending even more time with analogue forms, sinking ever further into chaos and finally losing the overview entirely.
Think about your everyday life, how you use apps, how you communicate, how you collaborate with your teammates digitally and how lean processes simplify your everyday working life. That is how quality and safety management should be!