The Sr Solution Architect - Data Quality’s primary role is to drive improvement in the quality of the data and deliveries for supply chain, marketing, financial, digital, care, hr, retail and analytics data platforms through thought leadership, influence, cross-functional collaboration, and business engagement.
Key areas of responsibility
- Evangelize the vision of a Culture of Data Quality across EDS and T-Mobile
- Provide technical and thought leadership in a collaborative, cross-functional BI environment.
- Provide consultation to the business on how to obtain business value from data, as well as providing guidance on where the correct data should be obtained within the T-Mobile BI ecosystem to support various business processes.
- Provide specific, actionable direction to Project Managers, Architecture, Development, Test, and Application Support teams to assure projects do not yield business-specific or fragmented solutions, and that they address appropriate Data Quality and Supportability concerns.
- Proactively evaluate and champion/influence change across all delivery teams that will mitigate risks to quality and to the BI ecosystem, and provide multiple viable options for mitigation of such risks.
- Direct and consult on deep dives into extremely complex technical issues, their root causes, and their solutions.
- Provide clear and actionable feedback on specific data, design paradigms, and implementation approaches that are problematic from data quality, data usability, timeliness, and performance perspectives.
- Standardize and evolve Data Governance processes to assure smooth process operations, quality data, and proactive data quality.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced team members
- Foster a more cohesive Culture of Quality across T-Mobile through engagement with EDS and Business partners
- EDS BI Individual Contributors
- Principal Analysts, Architects, and Solution Owners
- All levels of EDS Management
- Risk and Compliance/Vector
- Business Stakeholders
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems, or other relevant fields, Masters preferred
Experience with Data Quality and Governance processes: 7 years
Total-experience with BI Analysis, Design, and Development 10 yrs
Experience interfacing with business and EDS partners: 7 years
BI Requirements and Functional Specifications: 7 years
Ataccama, Collibra or other DQ and Profiling tools: 5 years
Expert level SQL skills: 10 years
Teradata or other major RDBMs: 10 years
Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing: 10 years
Power BI or other Analytics UI/ Visualization tools: 10 years
Nice to have:
Informatica or other ETL tools: 5 years
Expert-level Java/Eclipse skills: 3 years
Expert level Microservices skills: 2 years
Expert level API skills: 2 years
Systems Analysis: 5 years