What is Current?
Our mission as a company is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional passive income from their everyday habits. We have millions of monthly users and have achieved over 2,500% revenue growth in 2020. Our users earn millions of dollars a year in rewards by using our products.
Current Mobile Inc is a US-based company that builds mobile technology products for budget-conscious consumers. Our products let people around the world earn passive income while using their mobile phones for daily habits like music, games, news, shopping, browsing, charging, and even unlocking their device. Our passionate team of innovation leaders relentlessly convert user attention and data into rewards.
Our flagship products, Current Rewards, and Mode Smartphone are hugely popular with millions of users around the world. It is our goal to provide a free Mode phone to every income-conscious consumer on the planet, enabling them to earn up to $100 each month while passively using their device. Our common purpose is to bring financial joy to the lives of our user base.
In 2018, Current became the first company to raise over $36M through an SEC-registered security token offering, to implement our royalty-paying token $CRNC across company product lines. We are rapidly growing. In the last 12 months, we have grown 25% month over month. As we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- You have an opportunity to be one of the first people to join a team of high caliber ambitious people who are out to challenge the status quo of content consumption.
- We’re a well-funded revenue-generating company, and have a runway for years to come.
- We are rapidly growing and as we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- We’re committed to bringing diverse industry experiences and perspectives together. The team is made up of alumni from Y-Combinator, Ivy League Universities, College Dropouts, Fortune 500, and everything in between.
- We have superior financiers and advisors and several top-tier institutional investors.
- Our leadership team has worked together on various projects over the last seven years which has greatly impacted their ability to evolve from past challenges and build efficient and effective processes.
- We care about building a disruptive product that empowers our users. We think big!
Senior Product Marketing Manager Role and Responsibilities
To further our mission, we are looking for a leader to not only shape, but substantively grow the product marketing function of Current Mobile as we embark on the next phase of our incredible growth. As we continue to scale, how should we evolve our go-to-market strategy? How should we further turbo-charge growth and optimize our product market fit? How will we continue to drive large scale adoption of our products in existing and new geographies? How should we further optimize data-driven decisions for product marketing models?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well funded, rapidly growing company in a high-profile role that will have a direct impact on immediate as well as long-term growth and decision making at Current. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work within teams and across all departments and product lines to highlight the best features of our products and build effective marketing communications, strategies and programs. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will generate demand for products through high quality, efficient and effective positioning, content, segmentation, messaging, pricing and marketing strategies and programs.
We'd Love To Talk With You If…
- You have a minimum 7 years of related experience (product marketing, advertising, product management, digital marketing, etc.), preferably in fast-paced consumer focused AdTech, mobile gaming, DTC, or FinTech companies.
- You love and understand the AdTech, DTC, Ecom, affiliate, blockchain, and mobile gaming industry
- You have a solid experience in marketing communications and programs, market strategies and sales support in the consumer tech industry.
- You have experience with customer engagement platforms such as Customer.io, MoEngage, Iterable, Urban Airship, Braze etc.
- You have deep insights in product marketing and have developed positioning, messaging and competitive differentiation of a successful consumer tech product.
- You have excellent communication skills, including copywriting.
- You have a background in design or UI/UX or mobile development (preferred)
- You have a strong analytical, mathematical mindset and experience with mobile/web analytics.
- You know how to build logical interconnections using numbers and communicate using numbers within the company.
- You have a strong understanding of tech platform valuation metrics such as LTV, CAC, ARPU, retention, virality, etc. and have experience in driving product marketing decisions using these metrics.
- You have experience in modeling and delivering monetization strategies for consumer adtech, mobile gaming, direct to consumer, or fintech businesses.
- You have experience in internationalization of consumer tech products, with a good understanding of what makes international releases successful.
- You have the ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
You'll be working closely with the leadership team and reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Leading the marketing communications team and driving revenue through customer reachout initiatives such as content marketing, affiliate deals and offers, retargeting.
- Setting the style and tone for our customer experience and maintaining brand integrity and alignment across the marketing campaigns.
- Cooperating with other functional teams and allocating resources to define the product marketing growth strategy for our products in the US and international markets.
- Managing product communication and brand strategy via push notifications, SMS, in-app messaging, web, social, and email newsletters.
- Reporting on click through, open, and conversion rates by communication channel and country.
A/B testing copy, images, & subject lines for each channel
- Managing the generation of product marketing roadmap, content and strategies based on product features and benefits, marketing tools / channels / campaigns to clearly communicate the product’s value to the market and attract new customers.
- Working closely with product owners, designers and developers from early product strategies to market adoption, learn and improve the entire product marketing strategy, development process, user personas’ experience and interaction with the product.
- Driving market research on trends, customer needs & experiences, and direct/indirect product competition in order to customize marketing strategies and to better differentiate & position the product.
- Using market research data to establish user segmentation and promote margin enhancing features.
- Gathering insights into customers’ usage of Current products, untapped opportunities and customer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups, sales calls, and available market data.
- Unlocking new revenue opportunities through customer communication channels utilizing the large pool of available customer base.
- Creating and managing product marketing contents such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts to position the product.
- Representing the company at forums and with any audience to explain the customer-led benefits of the product lines.
How We Work
Current is committed to learning, exploring new ideas & alternatives, and is united by curiosity. We are results-driven, use OKRs to guide us on our decisions, and emphasize goal accomplishment.
We put emphasis on the following Values:
- Lead with Purpose - Leadership does not necessarily mean management. Everyone is a leader, no matter the role. Taking pride in your responsibilities, finding & executing solutions is key.
- Focus on the ‘Why’- The best solutions start with everyone understanding the problem and its impact. We’ve found that if someone understands the ‘why’, they will produce an innovative ‘what’ and ‘how’. If we cannot explain the ‘why’ clearly, we don’t understand the problem ourselves.
- Bring a Sense of Humor - Our work environment is a lighthearted & positive place where employees are united by humor and camaraderie; we believe laughter is a great way to uplift employee morale and form bonds with each other.
- Set New Precedents - We drive innovation and push boundaries for all company activities while understanding that anything worth doing will have roadblocks. We set a new standard of worth for people’s time, data, and attention while rewarding what most other companies take.
- Collaboration - We won’t thrive without recognizing others strengths. Listen and evolve together, helping and supporting each other for the sake of a collective goal.
We believe in the following workplace Norms:
- Honor Commitments, Your Word Matters
- Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant & Timely (S.M.A.R.T) Asks & Answers
- Allow OKRs To Guide Us
- Individual & Departmental OKRs will largely impact success at Current
- Agree to Disagree & Commit
- Voice concerns in a respectful & appropriate manner directly to your manager or the Executive Team
- Assume Positive Intent
- Always start from the idea that a person meant well or was doing their best, no matter what they say or do
What We Are Offering
- We are a remote-first company so this position is 100% remote from anywhere that can do US CST / EST hours
- Participation in the company's equity & token plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution
- Work with highly curated high caliber people
- Celebrate employee personal milestones
- Remote team building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies
- Bonus.ly - we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” - no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!