Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators' most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
Edmentum is looking for an energetic design leader who's excited about leading a growing team, but also happy to roll up their sleeves and lead through design. You will use your strong problem-solving, design thinking and vision to inspire a team and work collaboratively to create delightful learning experiences.
As the Senior Design Manager you will be joining our Global Creative team and you’ll be charged with developing our design culture and vision, mentor and grow the team, and ultimately be responsible for building a product experience that makes learning intuitive, engaging and fun. This is an opportunity to work on wide-ranging, strategic projects and put your stamp on the design direction of our platforms and improve the learning experience for Educators, Students and Parents.
If you are you a self-starter, comfortable implementing change, are well organized, a natural collaborator, and are able to keep one eye on the here and now, one on the next big thing, then this is an exciting opportunity for you.
Here's what you'll do:
- Bring your passion and creativity to design compelling, delightful experiences
- Lead, inspire and grow a talented team of designers and help them find clarity in each project, pushing them to tell stories in more meaningful and impactful ways
- Lead by example, set the bar for design standards, process and direction, from project kick-off through research, wireframes, prototypes with the aim of delivering the vision and identifying how the team is best placed to succeed.
- Manage change in fast-paced, agile environment – including leading change management efforts to maximize success of the team
- Work in collaboration with Creative Director and the wider global creative team to ensure the Learners experience is intuitive and engaging through of key UX principles, animation & games.
- Provide an environment where team members can grow and evolve as part of a positive, motivated and cohesive team
- Work closely with Product and Development leads to understand needs and requirements, support current initiatives and influence business growth plans
Here's what you'll need:
- A passion for building product. A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. A desire to make things better.
- Proven experience leading and managing design teams with a record of developing and mentoring talent, including managing leads and overseeing design ops
- Significant senior level experience in a design team, with a portfolio or case studies to demonstrate the experiences you have created and are proud of.
- Confidence implement team development initiatives and a keen interest in emerging process and practices in UX design i.e. Lean UX
- An inspiring communicator. Capable of conveying ideas, storytelling and breaking down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Keen interest in understanding the broader business and organizational goals, and experience communicating the business case for design needs
- Comfort working collaboratively within cross-functional teams including Product and Development, defining opportunities and challenges with a view to leading problem solving activities.
- Experience of working and delivering in an agile environment
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication.
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.