Philanthropy Officer, South Florida (Miami, FL)
Reporting to the Deputy Director for South Florida, the Philanthropy Officer helps to fulfill the mission and goals of UNICEF USA. The team develops and executes strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward $10,000+ gifts from a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects. The Philanthropy Officer will have this charge within all of Florida, with a focus on South Florida.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Manage a portfolio of high net worth donors and prospects in our market to generate significant support for UNICEF USA.
- Develop and execute strategies for each portfolio donor with the goal of securing a new gift, gift renewal or upgrade.
- Secure one-on-one in-person donor meetings and solicitations to establish or strengthen donor relationships for long term support.
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts. This will include identification, cultivation, and stewardship of high net worth individuals, with a heavy focus on prospecting for new donors.
- Shape and edit donor correspondences such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and reports.
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular upkeep of donor database.
- Engage and cultivate donor support for annual fundraising event as well as other South Florida events, and assist in the production of the events as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the internal business units of UNICEF USA designed to assist the major gift program, e.g. special events, program services, communications, etc.
- Become knowledgeable on UNICEF’s vast programmatic needs for the purpose of effective donor stewardship, using available resources and opportunities.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience, with at least 3 years of frontline major gifts fundraising experience, or proven track record of securing five and six-figure gifts
- Must be a self-motivated professional with a proven success record in fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be an enthusiastic team player
- Must share a strong commitment to international humanitarian relief and passionately embrace the mission of UNICEF USA
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and have experience using a fundraising database
- Ability and willingness to travel in the interest of donor cultivation and stewardship, as needed
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service