ConvertKit is a platform built for creators. Since 2016, we've helped creators grow and own their audience and turn fans into paid customers. We've helped creators earn over $1B via our commerce feature and integrations. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes and audiences. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re looking for someone to lead the Sales, Account Management, and Implementation teams. While functions of this role fall under traditional Sales and Account Management, this role is anything but traditional. We work with a unique user base - creators - and we are looking for a leader to help us continue to tap into the creator movement. You'll leverage your knowledge of B2C expansion, retention, and acquisition processes/strategies to design custom strategies and tactics that fit the creator economy. Your leadership will be pivotal in helping us scale from $26M ARR to $100M ARR. You will report directly to the VP of Growth, who leads our Brand, Customer Experience, and Marketing functions.
We are looking for someone who is both a great leader and operator. This person will seek to understand the needs of creators and their monetization challenges. The ideal candidate will have experience driving results by leveraging the coaction between people, processes, performance, and product.
- Learn all aspects of the creator economy and methods a creator can leverage ConvertKit for monetization
- Build relationships with key agencies housing various creator types (authors, musicians, podcasters, etc.)
- Lead all aspects of the Account Management, Sales, and Implementations functions
- Responsible for leading renewals, mitigating churn, and up-selling based on customer
- Scout and propose potential partnerships/integrations to cross-sell the ConvertKit platform
- Manage agency partnerships for implementation services
- Hire creator-focused sales members that can build sales pipelines
- Build and manage a diverse pipeline of business while achieving world-class net revenue churn
- Drive strong collaboration with Product and Engineering
- Drive growth via strong partnerships with Brand, Marketing, and Customer Experience
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop a strong creator-focused narrative for Sales and Account Managers
- Maintain a managerial relationship while cross-pollinating with other managers and directors at ConvertKit
The right candidate should have:
- 5+ years of combined people and project management experience
- Experience with the B2C market and account-based marketing
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong appetite for driving revenue via the creator experience
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills, with an ability to develop work in relationships at all levels
- An operator mindset - understands the most important metrics and knows how to optimize people and processes to produce the best results
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment - US and EMEA timezones preferred
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 4 ($140,000) or level 5 ($165,000). We do not offer on-target earning compensation but we do share 52% of our profits with the entire, team twice a year, in addition to our base salaries. Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 10 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning and development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application and your responses give us a preview of your leadership style and help put the experience in your resume into context.
We run the hiring process for leadership roles a little differently - you'll probably meet with a few more people - but at a minimum, you can expect the following:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step of the process.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.