MERCEDES-BENZ RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT NORTH AMERICA
Job Description - Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Will work remote until we return to the office after COVID-19 is over, then we will require a presence in our Seattle offices.
Mercedes-Benz Seattle Hub is looking for a professional Senior Site Reliability Engineer. The Cloud Platform Engineering team are the experts that build and maintain the Kubernetes-based platform, infrastructure, and tooling solutions for our global development teams. At MBRDNA, we are a geo-diverse team of system engineers, infrastructure engineers, developers, Solutions Architects, and SMEs, with opportunities to develop infrastructure, software, tools, and processes to support our charter, and to further the technological capabilities of Mercedes-Benz worldwide.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Design, build, maintain, and support MBRDNA’s Kubernetes-based platform, infrastructure, and tooling solutions, to support our global development teams.
• Collaborate with various engineering teams around the world, to understand their requirements and provide scalable, stable, and performant solutions to enable their productivity.
• Build intelligent platform monitoring and alerting solutions to help identify early problem detection.
• Help drive team direction by contributing ideas for standards, best practices, methodologies, and technologies used.
• Drive the organizational philosophy and adoption of the DevOps mentality.
• Participate in an on-call rotation.
Education & Experience
-- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-- 3+ years of production level experience with Kubernetes
-- 3+ years of experience and proficiency with AWS or Azure
-- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in the following programming languages: Python, Bash, or Go
-- 3+ years of experience in a config management system like chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform.
-- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Reliability Engineering for highly-performant, scalable, and distributed data systems with a focus on problem prevention and automation
-- Passion toward learning and new skill acquisition
-- Strong sense of ownership and drive
-- Skilled in detailed problem-solving
-- Enjoy action and a passion for delivering high-quality technical solutions
-- Deep understanding of CI/CD principles
-- Experience with source control systems like Git
Combination of Degree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum):
Bachelors + 7 yrs / Masters + 5 yrs/ PhD + 2 yrs
Site Reliability Engineer, AltinityUnited States
Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Coalition Inc
Senior Site Reliability Engineer, InfraCloud Technologies
Senior Site Reliability Engineer, RevenueCat
Senior Site Reliability Engineer, STORDUnited States | $125k - $145k