The Senior Software Engineer relies on 5-8 years of experience building and supporting Enterprise Applications to design, develop, and enhance mello--the engine that helps borrowers fulfill their dream of home ownership. At loanDepot we build mobile experiences and line of business applications that handle millions of transactions per year. We expect you to bring excellent code, an understanding of modern design patterns and a passion for performance. In return, we will provide you with access to cutting edge technology, a modern Agile workplace, a team of skilled professionals, and complex problems to solve. We are growing and you can grow here too.
- Extensive experience implementing modern client-side applications using Angular or React.
- Strong understanding of modern responsive CSS design techniques and frameworks like bootstrap or material.
- Familiarity with state management libraries like ngrx, redux or akita.
- Deep understanding of the underlying technology, libraries and design patterns used with Observables in Angular, rxjs.js and zone.js
- At least 5 years of experience with an Enterprise programming language (C#, C++, or Java). Java experience can be used to satisfy the requirement, but all development will be done in .NET.
- "Full Stack" experience with Microsoft technologies such as Visual Studio, SQL Server
- Experienced in SQL DML and DDL, can “read” data models, as well as identify and resolve common performance problems.
- Commitment to code quality as demonstrated by the practice of test-driven development, the creation of unit tests and active participation in code reviews.
- Experience developing with and deploying on Azure Cloud technologies, including Function Apps, Storage Blobs, Azure Service Bus, Service Fabric, API Management, Power Automate and Dynamics 365.
- Prior exposure to Empower or another full featured loan servicing platform is always desirable.
- Designs applications with simple and well understood dependencies suitable for deployment in a CI/CD environment
- Works with the Product Owner to provide technical design, estimation, and implementation for user stories.
- Participates in all Agile ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, SCRUM, and Retrospectives.
- Provides technical design leadership on user stories, engaging the Data and Architecture groups as needed.
- Deliver user stories on time with high quality, serving in a leadership role where needed or in a supporting capacity.
- Mentor junior developers and assist with the technical breakdown of user stories for execution as needed.
- Designs software for reliability and automated deployment by creating detailed unit tests using an appropriate testing framework.
- Works with the Information Security Team to assure that all solutions follow best practices in protecting our customer’s personal information.
- Takes a primary role in resolving critical production issues when needed.