Do you want to help us change the social-intranet world, straight out of Hamburg?
You love to develop smart and future-oriented software in cross-functional teams? Our teams are divided into different feature teams according to our product strategy. As part of one of our key feature teams, team Journey, you will create an outstanding employee journey and accompany employees throughout their COYO lifetime. Do you want to take a key role, lead the way to transition these vital parts of our software and guide us into a scalable and blazingly fast Microservices world? Then apply as Senior Backend Software Developer (m/f/o) and become a part of the great COYO story!
Who we are looking for:
Smart minds, who are curious about the complexity of a social intranet software, are eager to learn and strive for development - with a passion for sexy UI and a sense for crisp UX.
- We expect you to have at least 5 years of experience developing in a Java environment, but we care less about how long you have been active and more about what you have been doing
- You should have knowledge and an interest in the technologies we are using: Our software is currently written with Java, using the Spring stack (Spring Boot, Data, Cloud, etc.) with MongoDB and PostgreSQL as database and caching solution respectively. The architecture of our choice is RESTful
- A team-player, who drives and values team-success, who takes responsibility for what he/she does and who is able to collaborate and connect within our 45-strong agile development team
- We don’t want to stand still - neither should you. With us you have the opportunity to improve yourself and others continuously and take on challenges with a smile on your face
- We’d love for you to show us how we can improve what we do, with a customer value mindset, by voicing your own ideas and by putting your experience to work, while illustrating good communication skills in English
Since our journey domain is an important part of our main product - our social intranet software - you create a prime employee lifetime: from onboarding, to finding and discovering content, to up to date information everyday.
- Working in one of our four feature teams, you will shape the high level architecture of our services and help less experienced members of the team to grow their own skills
- Improving the product further through coding and quality checks, as well as refactoring and fixing problems, before they become bugs is one of your key tasks
- You drive technical innovations within the team and the software engineering department by being an active voice in our backend chapter
- You redesign and rebuild central components like the search and discover while connecting our Microservices smoothly and without problems
- You get to create an amazing employee journey, that leaves our users with happy faces and make all of our competitors look old
What we offer:
Growth booster: We support your individual development. Through our weekly varying tech-talks, our free coding day and our tech-blog we create an environment of knowledge-sharing and discuss your personal and desirable development in our 360º -careermodel.
The hard facts: An open-ended employment contract, 28 vacation days a year, a MacBook Pro (also for private use), a subsidy for the HVV ProfiCard and company pension scheme. The balance of work, family and private life is ensured through our flexible working hours with no core working hours and with our mobile work option.
All the trappings: You're part of our team of smart, curious team players who work hard every day for our great product. Of course, this includes your stylish workplace in a modern office with an ingenious infrastructure.
Together in #newnormal: Thanks to our own software and our agile mindset we work and communicate digitally without any problems - therefore you can decide from where you want to work (office or remote). We keep our COYO spirit and our open corporate culture through shared virtual events (e.g. monthly afterwork with remote bingo or power point karaoke, or lunch roulette).
Take a break: With our COYO Teambus, a fully equipped VW T6 California Ocean, you can treat yourself to your well-deserved time-out and explore Germany and its surroundings even under the current difficult travel conditions.
Are you a sports enthusiast? Every Tuesday and Thursday we start our working day with Yoga. Push yourself to the limit at women's boxing, the running club or join our sports community. Boost your health with fresh organic fruit and free drinks like Viva con Agua, Club Mate, Bionade.