Please, read the full job description before applying - especially the first 2 sentences!
JoinMyTrip is looking for an experienced and passionate leader to oversee our tech department. At the same time, you also love coding yourself and know what it takes to tackle everyday challenges as a developer.
JoinMyTrip is a travel tech startup from Hamburg that is lucky enough to work everyday on what makes people happy - vacation! Our international team consists of globetrotters, that happen to be mostly tech-nerds and marketing lovers. We strongly believe that travel can change people for the better, especially if they can share the experience with others.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience developing highly-available full stack applications and distributed systems with 5+ years of that experience working as an Sr. Engineering Manager or Director.
Must have: Angular | RxJS | NgRx | TypeScript | Node |
- Should have: Express | Firebase | DevOps | Serverless | Docker |Docker |
Could have: Ionic | Google Cloud | GitLab CI | Kubernetes | Netlify | Cloudflare Workers Monitoring | StackDriver | Sentry
- Hands-on experience in managing teams (also remote and offshore teams)
- Initiate cross-functional collaboration with Product and Design to develop high quality products (and -inspire your team to independently initiate collaboration).
- Experience developing products on AWS, Google Cloud Services or Azure.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines, and configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems.
About the Role:
- Be part of the management team
- Become a shareholder of the company
- Set the overall technology vision, objectives, and initiatives in support of the company strategy, and for individual projects.
- Be part of the planning and executing on our product roadmap while ensuring we are still taking into account updates and maintenance to our systems.
- Drive technical excellence across our product lines.
- Build scalable processes for delivering JoinMyTrip, within an Agile/DevOps environment.
- Structure teams and interactions to minimize friction and maximize clarity.
- Build career tracks for engineers - making JoinMyTrip a great place to be an engineer!
- Ensure that engineering is moving in lockstep with the business.
- You believe in building a culture of learning, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- You are a team-building powerhouse that drives quality and predictability
- You know your team's operational metrics and know how to keep them delivering high quality, -resilient, services and products in a cloud environment.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- You understand that your primary mission is growing a rock solid engineering team.
- You are a leader that serves your team, empowers them, inspires them, and helps them grow, but knows when to hold them accountable as well.
- You use agile methodologies and believe in constant incremental improvements.
- You have lots of knowledge on how to build great deployments and infrastructure