We are looking for someone with a high degree of technical skills in either product design or mechanical engineering(with a design background). It will be your job to assist the design team in all aspects of bringing new products to fruition. This will include sketch ideation, Solidworks soft and hard prototypes. We are a multi-disciplinary group consisting of mechanical engineers, electronics engineers, industrial Designers and graphic designers. You will work closely with our internal design/sourcing group and report directly to the Director of Design.
- Work closely with design, engineering, sourcing, production and sales in a truly collaborative on-demand manufacturing environment.
- Manage assigned projects, responsibilities, milestones and deadlines.
Iterative prototypes using various media(foam, 3D printing, OTS parts, etc)
2D spec drawings and 3D assemblies for handoff to production.
- Continuous improvement at all levels of the design process.
- Controlling quality. Roll & Hill makes high-end, decorative lighting fixtures. Quality is very important from development to delivery.
- Industrial design, product design or related degree
- 0-2+ years experience in product design/development. Experience in lighting will be given preference.
- Solidworks - medium level experience
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and In-design - medium level experience.
- Excel, word, numbers, pages, sheets, docs, etc. medium experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently.
- Critical thinking, the ability to foresee problems and suggest multiple solutions.
- Mechanical Aptitude. Strong mechanical aptitude with an eye for the details
- Great communication skills are a must, this is a truly collaborative team environment.
- Positive and professional attitude, with a willingness to learn.
Salary and benefits based on experience.
This is a 3 month temporary position, with potential for full-time.
Please send portfolio and resume in PDF format.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.