AWS Amplify Framework’s mission is to improve the developer experience of building a mobile app on the AWS cloud so they can focus on building great innovative experiences for their customers. We enable developers to create high-quality apps that are scalable, secure, and highly available by integrating a broad range of AWS services seamlessly into their apps. The Amplify Framework includes a powerful Command Line Interface (CLI) toolchain, JS and Native SDK’s.
The AWS Amplify CLI toolchain team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and committed Software Engineer to improve the app building developer experience on the AWS cloud. The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a strong track record of successfully delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, initiative, and strong communication skills are a must. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the changing needs of our customers.
We work completely on open-source technologies and our code-base is hosted on GitHub. We launched the first version of the Amplify CLI in August, 2018 and we have very exciting plans for 2019 given the positive open-source community feedback.
To learn more about the Amplify framework, please take a look at - https://aws-amplify.github.io
As a member of the team, you will:
* Deliver a lot of high quality code
* Deliver system architecture and component design
* Lead development and launch of core features and products
* Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
* Participate in estimation and sprint planning
* Mentor junior team members
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
· AWS product experience and development using the AWS platform
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
· Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Intermediate to Expert knowledge in Node.js
· Intermediate to Expert knowledge in AWS CloudFormation
· Knowledge of GraphQL is a plus
· Knowledge of Typescript is a plus
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Experience working with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
· Eagerness to adopt a lead role in mentoring and developing others.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.