We’re looking for a seasoned and experienced Manager, SecDevOps to lead a team that secures our product and corporate technologies. You’ll be working on hiring, leading and mentoring the team. You will provide guidance on the required technologies and processes to ensure that Hootsuite’s infrastructure is protected from cyber security threats. While based in one of Hootsuite’s offices (post COVID19) or remotely across North America (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to the Director, Information Security.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for developing innovative solutions that enable and enhance situational awareness, facilitate workflow design & automation and support consistent reporting in the relevant work areas.
- Manage the overall SecDevOpxs function. These include areas of cloud & corporate infrastructure security, application security, security operations and incident analysis and response.
- Hire, build, mentor and support cohesive, high-performance team that enjoy working collaboratively within the organization
- Lead the planning and resource allocation for the SecDevOps function, by creating and reviewing project plans, timelines, estimates and requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams to design frameworks and develop tools and practices to automate work processes and initiatives in support of Hootsuite’s Secure SDLC
- Lead the implementation of a secure cloud hosting platform
- Responsible for the incident response function including the overall OnCall support; ensure the adequacy of supporting technologies, processes and personnel
- Lead and drive the SecDevOps team towards creating and automating solutions to enhance productivity and establishing workflows within the security operations
- Facilitate and guide relevant conversations to (a) support Hootsuite’s GRC initiatives, (b)determine objective and pragmatic approach to operational decisions and technical investments.
- Serve as a consultant and provide advice on operational, tactical and extremely complex technical initiatives within information security operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering, along with cloud engineering certifications or willingness to obtain
- Several years of experience in a similar role, and prior experience in one or more of the following roles - application architect, system architect, software developer, system administrator
- Skill in at least one programming language such as Python, PHP, or GoLang, with prior experience as a software developer being an asset
- Experience working in a cloud (preferably AWS) environment with CI/CD, along with extensive familiarity with Unix / Linux based operating systems
- Solid understanding of network, application and database security concepts and architectural principles around authentication, authorization, session management, configuration management, data handling and cryptography
- Experience or strong familiarity with security testing techniques and tools like Nessus, Burp Suite, Nikto, Appscan, Paros, Fiddler, WebInspect, Skipfish, etc.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplishedCollaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.