Adsquare is the global audience & location intelligence company making marketing a whole lot smarter.
With eight offices around the world we are a truly international company but one united team working towards our vision: empowering companies to accelerate business growth by staying at the forefront of data-driven marketing.
We are pioneers in advertising and data. We were born mobile, before it was a necessity, and have pioneered data-driven advertising in display and now DOOH. We have the smartest people, working with the best tech, so we can drive the pace of change.
We are visionaries. We see a better way for marketers and are doing everything we can to make that a reality. We believe in innovation and the power of technology. We believe in constantly improving what we’re doing because the work is never done.
We believe in what we do and rise to meet our own high standards. If there’s a problem, we fix it, humbly and without fuss or delay. Although our technology is best-of-breed, we are unassuming and modest in our approach.
We are passionately candid, both with each other and with our clients. We take the time to explain our approach to their problem, confident there is nothing to hide.
We are consistent and true to our word. We don’t take shortcuts but focus on being our clients’ most reliable partner. We make promises - and we keep them. As a result, clients enjoy spending time with us, because we are good people.
You are a senior developer
You lead the team
- You take part in improving and designing a non-trivial system, consisting of API services, jobs processing billions of records, cloud infrastructure and smart algorithms
- You are responsible for the team working on the biggest product at Adsquare and have the opportunity to make a true impact on the company’s results
- You demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clean code
Cross functional responsibilities
- You aid in planning product development and timelines and drive continuous improvement of your product
- You keep your team members motivated and lead them to success
- You decide how to approach tasks and develop a plan to accomplish them
- You are the key technical contact person for our Product, Sales & Operations teams
- You ensure that the architecture fits the company design
- You work closely with your product owner and your development team
- You maintain communication with the other lead engineers to share best practices
- You work closely with the engineering manager and the CTO to drive improvements
- You think learning is part of your job
- You see the value of Agile development and enjoy working in it
- +5 years experience as a software engineer with an emphasis on Java
- You believe in the importance of DevOps and display it by involving yourself in designing, building, deploying and running your software
- You have worked or want to work with AWS (or another public cloud)
OUR SOFTWARE STACK
- You are able to hold a technical discussion in fluent English; German is an advantage
- You are able to discuss technical concepts and explain them to any audience
- You bring people together
- Having experience in people management is a big plus, being willing to get into it a requirement
- You love working in a team and see value in exchanging ideas
Java 11+, Spring (Boot, Config, Cloud), Terraform, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, AWS (Batch, Lambda, SQS, SNS), BitBucket, Jira, Git, Teamcity…
WHY US ?
- You work together with a highly motivated and skilled team of top performers
- You have a sensible impact on our strongest product and therefore the success of the growth of the company
- You combine success and fun within a great company culture together with people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours / home office regulations, working in from the headquarters in the start-up centre of Berlin-Mitte in our charming office
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package
Interested? If you are looking for a challenging position in a fast-moving tech startup and want to make a difference you shouldn’t think twice and apply via this link https://adsquare.jobs.personio.de/job/318240
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Apply for this position