As Principal Network Engineer, you will help lead a team of highly-motivated engineers tasked with the planning, implementation and support of the computer networks that enable the organization.
In this position, you will leverage your experience and technical expertise to ensure the stability of Citizens business operations.
The Principal Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Offering thought leadership to a team of network engineers; ensuring that engineering best-practice is applied; ensuring the quality of work.
- Crafting and managing highly complex secure connectivity solutions to ensure the integrity of Citizens sensitive financial data and mission-critical resources.
- Providing defense-in-depth protection from cyber security threats through the use of firewalls, IDS/IPS, various proxy gateway and other network security devices.
- Collaborating with other engineering and IT teams to plan, develop, execute and support infrastructure and network-related projects; offer thought leadership in regards to network security and management.
- Assist and resolve escalated network-related issues; participate on cross-departmental crisis resolution teams as required.
- 7+ years of working experience in network engineering, systems administration or related field; experience managing engineering and technical employees
- Experience with matrix management of engineers or other technical personnel; experience managing infrastructure projects; cross-functional collaboration
- Strong communication skills ability to facilitate technical conversations with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with engineering, planning and developing network solutions in the following technologies
- Public Cloud AWS, Azure or GCP
- Private Cloud, Software-Defined Data Center
- SD-WAN, VeloCloud or equivalent product
- Infrastructure Security concepts and strategies
- Networking platforms, firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco) routing/switching (Cisco, Arista, Cumulus etc.), DNS/DHCP (Infoblox), application load balancers (f5), proxy servers (zScaler, Forcepoint)
- Collaboration, Voice and Video platforms (Cisco)
- Working experience in the financial services industry; understanding of the roles of consumer and custodial banks
- Experience with multiple IT disciplines with a confirmed understanding of relevant architectural concepts
- Experience with Agile methodologies and demonstrated ability to operate in DevOps role
- Experience nfrastructure as Code (IaC), Terraform, Ansible, Python, Chef, Go, YAML, and/or Custom Scripting
- Experience implementing large-scale infrastructure solutions with a proven track record of success
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.