Hey - have you ever tried modeling customer lifetime value? 👋
We are a fast-growing ecommerce analytics company with thousands of customers looking for our first full-time data scientist to join us to help predict online store customer behavior and develop our CLTV models further. The dataset is huge - it consists of thousands of D2C brands and ecommerce stores and their hundreds of millions of orders.
You can read about our app and go through our close to two hundred 5-star reviews on the Shopify app store.
Examples of things you would do:
- Improve our current CLTV models
- Work on new feature development researching and building prototypes for all sorts of cool analytics reports
- Research and pull insights from our data set for industry reports
Who are you:
- Data scientist with experience working on ecommerce data sets
- You have a working experience with Python and Tensorflow
- You write well in English and like documenting your work
Why work for Lifetimely
You would get to build models and experiment with a dataset consisting of thousands of D2C brands, millions of products, and tens of millions of ecommerce transactions. This is a dream job for someone who is passionate about putting their modeling skills into serious use and with a deep dataset to draw insights from.
Working for Lifetimely doesn't feel like the usual office or startup gig: we are a distributed group of ten people across ten different countries 🇫🇮 🇺🇸 🇮🇳 🇫🇷 🇨🇱 🇪🇬 🇪🇸 🇮🇶 🇭🇷 🇺🇦 with our own way of working. Some of us are nomads, some just like working remotely. We highly encourage written (long-form) communication and documenting things on Notion and generally don't like tight fixed schedules. There is not really much management or oversight, we expect you to know how to manage yourself. We prioritize shipping and results above how or when you do the work.
Two meetings per week, one for the devs on Tuesday, another one on Thursdays for everyone. That's it.
If you prefer to do meetings and calls or just know that you need a lot of human interaction, Lifetimely is not probably the best place for you to work at. But if you are into distributed work and prefer the lifestyle aspects or maybe live somewhere with not a lot of exciting data sets laying around, you will enjoy working with us.
How to apply
- Briefly describe your relevant experience & your CV
- We highly appreciate any public code, written content pieces, Kaggle competitions, etc. Give us something concrete that shows your skills and coms!
- Your monthly salary ask. If you are more interested in part-time work and think this is the most exciting thing you've seen lately, give us an hourly rate!
After you've applied, we will reach out to you for a paid test task if you're selected for the first round of interviews.
The company is registered in Finland (EU) - this will be a contract position.