We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining a wide variety of Linux based machines and services. The support of these machines and services will require knowledge of not only systems, but an understanding of networking technologies and concepts.
What you’ll do…
- Design, deploy and maintain a wide variety of Linux based systems and services.
You’d be a great fit if meet the following…
- B.S. in related technical field and 7 years of experience or 10+ years of experience without a degree.
- M.S in related technical field can be substituted for 3 years of experience
- In-depth Linux and open source software experience
- Very strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a production environment
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols and networking
- Linux routing and common tools (ip route, quagga, etc)
- Experience with firewalls such as iptables and PF
- Experience with packet capture and analysis
- Tunnel Technologies (SVTI/GRE/L2TP/etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent teamwork
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a Top Secret US government security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
It would be even better if you…
- Have experience with VPN (IPSec/SSL)
- Are able to configure Open Source Software such as
- VoIP (Freeswitch/Asterisk)
- Have experience with DevOps tools (ansible, puppet, Foreman, etc)
- Have experience with Visualization technologies (Vmware, docker, LXD, etc)