FRONT-END WEB ARCHITECT
Ready to work without a boss? Ready to work from wherever you want, after a Berlin based on boarding process? Ready to go tech to the future and share an office with a Delorean time-machine? At Resourceful Humans we are so out of the box, we forgot where we put the damn box. We are an award winning technology company creating bleeding edge performance management software to visualise companies as networks instead of hierarchies. In our free-time we also create kick-ass VR video games based on the adventures of great leaders.
Now we are looking for a courageous Front End Architect to experiment at the intersection between gaming and management. In your role, you will be in charge of reviewing the implementation of applications following code standards and style guides. You will set the workflows for your crew that guarantee everyone uses the same tooling; having scalability, maintainability, and robustness as your goals. Analysis and building of UI Pattern Libraries (Design Systems, UI Kits, etc.) will be part of your daily work.
In our team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead front-end code reviews with your teammates.
- Run reviews to guarantee the structure and design of the applications follow the standards and guidelines.
- Run scanners to ensure the application you are building is secure and doesn’t have vulnerabilities or bugs.
- Solve complex CSS and HTML compatibility issues in legacy browsers.
- Review the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 are being satisfied in the project.
- Optimise logic-less templates using Front-end Template Engines.
- Generate documentation about UI architecture, interactions and behaviours with REST APIs or any other mechanism to process data (GraphQL, etc.).
- Document and assist in defining the functional and technical requirements of different applications.
- Evaluate new frameworks and tools that can be integrated into the existing applications without breaking previous implementations.
- Implement front-end development workflows: building systems, dependency management, quality checkers (linting).
- Create pattern libraries and style guides according to the project’s requirements.
- Run performance tests and solve issues as they appear.
To be a successful member in our crew, you’ll need:
- UX/UI sensibility: using technical abilities and creativity to design and develop exceptional interfaces.
- Passionate about programming from a purely scientific skill into an art.
- Communication skills: clearly communicate complex ideas and proposals. Understanding problems clearly, break them down and propose solutions. Work out loud.
- Critical thinking style: deconstruct a problem into its base components and figure out the most effective way to solve it.
- Learning as an ongoing process: challenge yourself to learn new skills, languages, and technologies.
- Team player: Efficient and effective collaboration with other team members, always keeping teamwork in mind while coding.
- Effective time and task management: Able to organise and set priorities accordingly, in order to estimate and meet the deadlines that you will set.
- To be tolerant working with family-run businesses (crazy founders).
- To care and think of others first.
- Be Fascinated about AI, VR, and Data Visualisation.
You will need four years of experience or ten projects as a Sr. Front-end Web Developer. Down and dirty, you will need experience developing with:
Tooling / Workflow
- Data visualisation: D3.js.
- An interest for three.js and VR web applications. These will be the next steps in our products.
- Advanced CSS features such as Flexbox, animations, Grid CSS.
- CSS: Bootstrap and any other frameworks.
- Preprocessors: LESS, SASS.
- Responsive Web Design and Development (includes device debugging).
- Accessibility: WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA. Section 508.
- Performance optimisation and debugging.
- Git and social coding platforms (Github, Gitlab).
- Gulp and Webpack: configuration and running custom tasks.
- Package management: npm, yarn.
- Testing: unit testing, e2e testing, integration testing.
- Accessibility tools: Tenon, SortSite, Axe, WAVE, etc.
- Component-based development and integration.
- Performance driven development.
Resourceful Humans is an award winning hybrid technology / consulting company founded by Angela Maus and Heiko Fischer in 2011. The main office is located in Berlin, Germany with outposts in Serbia. Resourceful Humans is dedicated to enabling companies and teams to abandon hierarchy, politics & bureaucracy and work as smart, entrepreneurial networks. The company’s goal is to provide individuals in organisations with intuitive digital workout tools for performance, feedback and meeting management. It won the prestigious HR Excellence Award as Innovation of the Year for democratising Haufe Umantis, as well as being praised by global Business Gurus Gary Hamel and David Marquet as THE way to create leaders at every level. With the DIVE, a VR experience RH is providing a worldwide unique training format that brings people and change management to the next era.