Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We are looking for candidates to help build complex and high-profile web applications within our consulting practice. We guide our clients to build things the "right way": maintainable, scalable, tested, documented, etc.
Our developers are consultants who are knowledgeable and proficient communicators, and are able to help enterprise clients make the right decisions for their applications.
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Experience developing applications at the enterprise level
- Proven ability to deliver real-work solutions and platforms
- Ability to lead a team and be an integral part of a team
- Experience working with clients or other stakeholders directly. A people person.
- Willing and able to travel onsite, to a Chicago office 1-2 weeks per month
- Doesn’t mind a bit of travel, averaging one week every couple of months
- Strong, working knowledge of Node.js
- Payment integrations, 3rd party integrations, and/or Redis
- Handling complex scaling issues (sessions, locked lists), tiered caching, sharding data, and sticky load balancing
- Developing modern, micro-service-based web applications
- Complex systems and API Integrations
- Some full stack experience (Deployment, Database, and Frontend)
Other Skills we value:
- Source control with Git.
- Environments setup, secure configuration, and deployments (AWS, Docker, CloudFoundry, Heroku, etc.)
- Server and browser security
- Database schema design and development experience for both SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Understanding and implementing authentication - know when it’s appropriate to use sessions, API tokens, JWT, cookies or a mix.
- Authorization and access control - Role-based, and attribute-based
- Concurrency and scaling application servers.
- The Microservice architecture
- Logging, rate limiting
- Test driven development and benchmarking
In addition to client work, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing company by applying your talent and passion towards an area of interest. Bitovi developers:
- Speak at conferences
- Give trainings
- Run meet ups
- Maintain open source projects
- Write articles
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats (previously in Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Interested in Applying at Bitovi?
Write a resume and a thoughtful intro that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above. Your intro should include:
1 - Why you are interested in this role
2 - Something you worked on recently that you are proud of
3 - A fun fact about yourself
If you have any specific salary requirements or other conditions, make sure to include those as well.
*Please note that we are not interested in working with recruiters at this time. All job offers are contingent on passing a background check.