As a professional in Product Management, you thrive at managing complex technology products & services that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees, and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture - namely, how can technology help achieve business goals - as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You'll work closely with colleagues across the firm to identify opportunities to develop products and services that are broadly applicable. Once you and your team establish a roadmap, you'll play an integral role in ensuring that the product and services meet customer needs, have customer relevant outcomes, ensure technical controls are in place and establish lifecycle support for the delivered capabilities in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration, and promote the values, culture, and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Deep understanding of Product Management and Marketing approaches and/or frameworks, with particular emphasis on software and, ideally, cyber security
* Deep understanding of cyber security and cyber risk management / mitigation
* Understanding of containers & kubernetes ecosystem and technology and expertise in other technology disciplines
* Experience working with high-performing Product & Engineering teams
* Experience working with and managing software and/or technology infrastructure vendors
* Strong understanding of Agile and, when applicable, Waterfall methods as well as other disciplines. Work spans: go to market, customer experience and elicitation, engineering / feature team alignment, stakeholder management, customer management, budget management, vendor management, risk management and operations
* Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Credentials such as the CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, CCSK, CKAD, CKS and their ilk are preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans