Packaging and Product Designer
El Segundo, CA Office
Stephen Gould Corporation is the largest independent packaging and print solutions company in the U.S., offering services that encompass packaging, display, design, engineering, marketing communications and production as well as warehousing, assembly and third-party logistics.
If you excel at creating compelling packaging and products that drive product sales, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you. We have an immediate opportunity for a Designer who has demonstrated ability to create retail packaging and product solutions that meet merchandising needs.
Overview: The Designer is responsible for developing retail packaging and products that are structurally sound and effectively tells the brand and product story while adhering to branding standards. In addition, the Designer will create layouts, technical drawings, and 3-D renderings to present to clients.
Position reports to: Creative Director
Internal Interactions: Works with packaging/product designers, sales managers, and sales agents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with marketing, product management, and product designers to create and execute packaging, product and display solutions that have structural integrity while increasing the product’s sell-through at retail. Packaging must communicate a product’s benefits while reinforcing the client’s brand.
• Experienced in working with packaging and display materials, including chipboards, corrugated, clamshells, blister packs, acetate, molded pulp, metal, acrylic, wood and others.
• Has strong knowledge of manufacturing process and is capable of generating detailed packaging specs for China printers/factories.
• Develops die lines and creates mock-ups of packaging, product and display concepts.
• Researches and identifies packaging trends and materials.
• Organizes and maintains packaging files.
• Proficient in CAD - 3D and 2D software.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, packaging design, product design or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years industrial design or package design experience, preferably within a consumer products company.
• Must possess creative and innovative sketching, design, and conceptualization skills.
• Self-disciplined and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple projects, and be able to take creative direction well.
• Have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment both individually and as part of the team.
• Ability to prioritize and strategize solutions under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
• Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Proficient in Solidworks and other rendering software.
• Proficient in PC & Mac system, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.