Dwell is the source for the best contemporary home design and learning how to make your own space a great place to live. It’s our mission to show how design can provide authenticity, beauty, and fulfillment at home. We find those stories and tell them to inspire others to explore good design in their own lives, too.
We are seeking a UX/UI designer to manage our design system, create bold online reader experiences, and play a major role in expanding the feature set of our digital platform.
What You Will Do
- Own our digital design system: organize, refine, and evolve.
- Design flows and experiences that are simple and elegant
- Collaborate closely with product leadership and external team stakeholders to define product requirements, goals, and roadmaps.
- Maintain an awareness of competitors and track benchmarks for best solutions.
- Develop sketches, wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes.
- Present designs to key stakeholders in design reviews, clearly outlining methodology and motivations behind designs.
- Support with production, troubleshooting, and QA as needed.
- Prepare production-ready assets and maintain standards of documentation.
- Promote a design-focused way of thinking throughout the company.
- 6+ years of experience in product design, ideally at an e-commerce, marketplace, media, or lifestyle company.
- Experience with Sketch or Figma.
- A strong sense for typography, grids and color theory.
- An eye for making design decisions with a view to business growth
- Love working with tight-knit entrepreneurial teams.
- Excited by home design and decor and their place in contemporary culture.