The Technical Services Specialist is an integral part of and supports the Product Implementation Team during new customer implementations as well as customer migrations for new product releases (if required).
The Technical Services Specialist is responsible for designing, implementing and managing customer data loads, system migrations, and integrations, including software programs required to support the processes.
The Technical Services Specialist also participates in testing and evaluating solutions to continuously improve the data handling process. Including identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently assisting with implementing these modifications.
- 3+ years of experience in data migration between different database engines especially SQL
- Proven experience of writing scripts and macros to map transferred data
- Experience in logging and auditing of migration issues
- Solid understanding of database design and performance tuning
- Experience with SQL Language Queries
- Experience and detailed understanding of XML files and structure
- Expert in node.js or Python scripting languages
- Experience with writing migration templates
- ETL and API experience
- Analyze, specify and document data migration requirements with clients and internal teams
- Perform data migrations from third party databases into the TrialScope disclose database (SQL Server) in a timely and accurate manner
- Validate and analyze data sets to ensure data consistency and internal requirements are met
- Coordinate database and migration changes with internal teams.
- Review existing migration tools and provide recommendations for improving the migration process
- Assist support department with escalated client questions
- 3+ years of working experience in data migration preferably in a Life Sciences environment
- Expert skills with ETL processes and tools
- Knowledge of API development
- Advanced skills with MS SQL server and SQL
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Excellent command of verbal and written communication skills as well as service oriented working attitude is required
- Experience in a position that focuses on customer service/client care is desired
TrialScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks available:
- Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Basic Life and Personal Accident Insurance, Basic Disability Insurance, Voluntary Group Life Insurance, Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Child Care Spending Account
- 401k Plan with Employer match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - 15 days
- Paid Holidays