Do you want to design beautiful products at scale?
Hey - we're Poki! We're a tech scale-up on a mission to build the ultimate online playground for kids of all ages. Every month, 30 million users come to us for easy access to the best free games. We're growing fast and to bring our playground to the next level we're looking for an ambitious and experienced visual Product Designer.
Would you like to work on several new digital products for an audience of millions around the world? Are you a product designer who has experience shipping beautiful digital products with crispy clean UI’s and working in quick, iterative design cycles? Then read on!
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
- I enjoy working fast, in a dynamic and agile environment
- I’m eager to learn and love to share
- I'm always open to new ideas, perspectives, and solutions
- I'd love to work with a fun, informal, and diverse group of young people
Then we're looking for you!||
As our Product Designer, you will help us define how people interact with Poki. You’ll create beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help players discover, play, and connect with games they love.
You’ll be working directly with our team of product managers, designers and developers to deliver the next iterations of our worldwide gaming platform and related products. You will also be directly involved in the evolution of our global brand, using and extending our design system to create high-quality, detail-oriented UI design work at scale. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of shipping digital products. You should have the expertise, qualifications, and ambition to take a leading role within our team. And: you’ll be part of the exciting journey of a tech scale-up on a global mission!
- Visual excellence: Translate our brand and product strategy into a great visual experience. Concept and rapidly execute compelling visual designs and hi-fidelity mockups with strong attention to pixel-level detail.
- User experience: Design products systematically to deliver a great, cohesive user experience across our entire product ecosystem, always keeping our users’ wants and needs at the heart of everything you do. Collaborate with our UX designer to design user flows, interactions, user interfaces and experiences that are simple, intuitive, and consistent across the web.
- Collaboration: Work directly with our product managers, developers and other stakeholders to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed. Guide our team towards solutions that are unquestionably easy, accessible, and engaging for our users.
- Design system: Develop and continuously improve our design system and product design guidelines for the main playground and extended portfolio of products: from landing pages and b2b dashboards, to game widgets and custom advertising formats.
- Have 5+ years of professional experience.
- Have a track record of launching successful projects at scale, with a focus on consumer-facing products and experiences; your portfolio demonstrates your hands-on design experience, showcasing real live work, as well as your design process.
- Have excellent communication skills to present and communicate your work, demonstrating strong product thinking. You always ship the best idea, not just your idea.
- Have experience designing for web and multiple platforms (Android, iOS, mobile web, desktop) to deliver consistent experiences across touchpoints.
- Have experience taking designs from conception to implementation, with an ability to design and iterate based off of qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Demonstrate expert level mastery of all essential design tools (i.e. Adobe CS, Figma, old-school pencils) and some experience with prototyping tools.
- Have a deep understanding and up-to-date knowledge of design trends and modern web application technologies, including best practices in responsive web design.
- Are already based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam.
- Motion design skills.
- Affinity with design for playful experiences for entertainment, brands or games.
- A chance to build your career with our fast-growing company
- Deep understanding of how a multi-sided platform works, opportunity to broaden your knowledge/skills through education
- A diverse, talented and self-motivated team (including experienced hackers & entrepreneurs)
- A full-time contract (40 hours/week)
- A competitive salary and a profit share
- No formal hierarchy and a lot of personal responsibility and freedom
- Direct impact on the experience of our 30 million users, on our community of 200+ game developers, and on our network of brands
- February: selection + introduction calls
- March: interviews + offer
- May 1st: target starting date (or sooner)
Sound good? Press apply!