What you get to do every day:
- Engage in all phases of the software lifecycle - design, implement, test, deploy, and support services in production.
- Maintain a culture of code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews.
- Be proactive and innovative - we rely on your feedback to build a world-class product.
- Be a part of a team that believes in the core values of transparency, collaboration, grit, and humility; in going above and beyond what is required in order to do the right thing for our customers and the company; and in having fun while doing all this.
What you bring to the role:
- BS or equivalent, and a minimum of 5+ years of software development experience- ideally in a SaaS/product development company.
- Experience building distributed systems, and with large scale low latency, high throughput services.
- Experience with the Cloud providers such as AWS and/or Google Cloud.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins.
- We follow modern DevOps practices, and experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform will be a plus.
- An understanding of how to build for scale, but able to make pragmatic choices to move quickly. You have a strong bias for action.
- Comfortable working in roles that at times may be customer-facing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience successfully working with distributed teams across time zones will be a plus.
- Experience with Security & Compliance frameworks such as SOC2, ISO2700 or PCI a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 401k plan with company match and immediate vesting.
- Flexible time off.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- 11 company paid holidays.
- Annual employee retreat.
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Very Good Security (VGS) is building a modern approach to data security, compliance and privacy. VGS completely de-scopes clients from needing to hold sensitive data themselves, while still allowing them to get the full benefit of using & operating on any kind of sensitive data (payments, PII, access credentials, etc.). Beyond simply tokenizing any data type and format, VGS facilitates the secure exchange of data with approved endpoints. Additionally, with VGS, customers can manage how third parties interact with sensitive customer data without worrying about data breaches. Customers get the full use of their data, but they are not required to maintain a secure data environment themselves. (this is analogous to how companies use AWS or Google Cloud to run their business operations without needing to maintain the actual data centers themselves). A major benefit to using VGS is that companies are able to offload liability while fast-tracking compliance certifications, including PCI, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA and more.