We are a company with a lot of personality and charisma looking for an enthusiastic, innovative thinker who enjoys that we do things a little bit differently. If we’re a lot like you – or your desire to build beautiful and well-engineered applications is strong enough to handle our quirks – we want to chat.
As our Mobile Developer, you will:
- Be our “Mobile Master”, showing your passion and skills with mobile technology
- Thrive at being a key member of a small, remote company solving problems and taking responsibility in areas both inside and outside of development
- Be deeply self motivated, you are not afraid of a challenge, you love taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion
- Be highly proficient and a quick learner in new technologies and processes
- Understand the value of process and use them often
- Have an eye for detail and not let essential elements slip through the cracks
- Easily champion features/tasks and be responsible for independent scoping, development, testing code, and timely outputs across several distinct areas of our platform, using different languages and environments
- Work across technical and architectural boundaries with relative ease
- Adapt quickly to changes or problems during programing, communicating with key team members as they code a solution
- Find opportunities and embrace critical feedback in order to improve processes and designs in collaboration with team members
- Show your natural curiosity and be keen to learn things outside your comfort zone
If you are eager to work at a company with a purpose and personality, then this role is for you!
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Computer Science degree or relevant experience/diploma/certificate
- Strong experience effectively and efficiently developing mobile solutions
- Strong experience with React Native and mobile components (calendar, camera, map, push notifications, etc.)
- Strong experience with backend coding and database development
- Proven ability to translate business requirements and/or designs into developed products/systems
- Ability to problem solve using available tools and technology
- Excellent communication, proficient in both written and oral communication in English
NICE TO HAVES
It would be great if you have experience with:
- Android Studio-Java(Gradle build)
- Xcode-Swift/Objective C
- Debugging and troubleshooting mobile app failures
- Able to integrate with backend technologies (web/REST APIs, single sign on)
- Capable and/or experience in performance tuning React Native apps
- Git source control
- Continuous deployment to Google Play/app store
- Continuous integration experience with testing frameworks (unit test, integration test and end to end testing)
- Integration with third party providers, (Twilio, New Relic, Google Analytics, etc.)
WHAT’S WAITING FOR YOU
Empowerment: we want you to succeed and that means providing you with the tools and resources that you need. When it comes to professional development, we always listen. We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
Flexibility: work from wherever you want! We’re Canadian based but we’re cool with wherever you’re located. We love our team to have the freedom to work in a way that works best for them. As long as you’re communicating when you need to, work from your favorite place, at whatever time you’re most productive.
Transparency: we keep all team members informed, including weekly updates on the top company priorities, monthly reports on our growth, and Town Hall meetings with Q&A’s to discuss business updates and company direction.
Caring environment: we care about the work you do and to us you are never just another cog in the wheel. We’re a people first company, so wherever you are in the world, you can count on your coach to give you the support you need to thrive and grow with us.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
We want the perfect person for this role so we want to ensure whomever applies is up for our process.
You will be asked to:
- Submit your resume along with a cover letter letting us know why you’re the best candidate
- Include viewable past work as much as is possible - links to mobile apps, projects, GitHub etc.
- Submit a questionnaire about your experience
- Join a short 15 - 20 min phone call to discuss your experience
- Complete a mini mobile project
- Meet our team in a virtual interview
- Undergo thorough background checks - criminal checks, previous employment references etc.
- Salary range: $55,000 - $60,000 Canadian dollars
Go ahead and apply already! Be sure to do so by February 24, 2021.