The Industrial Designer will execute the vision of the Creative Director through a broad range of responsibilities such as 2D ideation sketching, 3D modeling in SolidWorks, rendering, shop drawing generation, show drawing review and prototype review. This role will be responsible for producing all concept drawings and production-ready drawings for lighting, furniture and objects. Mastery of SolidWorks and Adobe Suite is required. Furniture and lighting experience is required.
• Implement the vision of the Creative Director through a broad range of responsibility which can include but is not limited to 2D ideation sketching, 3D modeling (SolidWorks), rendering, shop drawing generation, shop drawing review and prototype review.
• Responsible for producing all concept drawings and production-ready drawings for lighting, furniture and objects.
• Create technical drawings that are clear to globally-based vendors and internal production team.
• Maintain accurate live models and organize component folders.
• Collaborate with design team and leadership on design process and projects.
• Hands-on assistance with showroom installations and trade events.
• Maintain and foster positive and productive work relationships with those inside and outside the organization.
• Mastery in SolidWorks and Adobe Suite (e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign). AutoCAD a plus.
• A developed sense of aesthetic and care for details.
• Up-to-date knowledge of lighting and manufacturing technologies.
• Excellent verbal and communications skills.
• Solutions-based thinker with a consistently positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team of peers, managers, directors and VPs.
• Deep understanding of the operations of the department, its dependencies, and how it impacts the people and processes outside it.
• Able to foster open communication, accept delegation, manage up, effectively respond to feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
• Desire to be a part of a small team, flexible, and has the ability to pivot as needed to accomplish company goals.
• Able to be trusted with sensitive, confidential and proprietary information.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in industrial design, mechanical engineering or related field required.
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
• Strong experience with furniture and lighting design.
• Background in facilitating the creation of wiring schematics and voltage calculations for powering LED lighting, a plus.
• Experience with prototyping (3D Printing, CNC, Metal/Wood/Foam Fabrication) is required.
• Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to delegate and drive for results.
• Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
• Full-time showroom hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM.
• Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
• Weekly 1:1s.
• Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.