Demio is currently hiring a full-time Support Specialist (we call them Success team members) to join our mission to make marketer's lives easier and happier. 🤩
Our team is small, but nimble 🤓. We have 12 success team members, 4 engineers, a Director of Marketing, a QA team member, a product designer, a product admin, and 2 founders. As a company, we love to employ and work with great people, and we're hoping you might be the right addition to our amazing team!
While the founders are based in Tampa, FL, we’re dedicated to building our company with a remote-based work environment meaning our entire team is remote, and we are happy to offer the ability to work from anywhere in the world through our systems in Slack, Clubhouse, Intercom, Notion and GitHub. We'll do everything we can to make a stress free, easy to navigate operation inside so your role is just as simple as our platform!
Not only will you be remote, but you get to work with a team that is hungry, smart, and eager to make an impact. As a major member of that team, your work will never go unnoticed. Your work will always make large waves 🌊 in the company.
But hey, we also like to have fun 🙌; we understand that building a company is quite the journey, and it can be incredibly hard, so we believe that it’s important to enjoy the moments along the way (coffee calls and virtual games, anyone?).
We want someone to join our team who truly desires to make an impact, is empathetic, loves communication, is courteous, and is constantly striving to grow/improve. Of course, being remote means you won't be micro-managed and you should be highly responsible for your actions, be reliable, focused on output and results and understand that great companies are built one small step at a time.
Maybe you're hungry to grow and have new opportunity. Perfect! Some of our most amazing team members have grown into the role based on their drive and personal goals.
We would expect you to have:
- Ability to work remotely with your own computer and high-speed internet connection (can travel and work - just need to make sure you'll be set up!)
- Ability to communicate with fluent English to our users
- Tech-savvy ability enough to communicate technical details and guide users through our software (training will be provided, but must have the ability to understand basic concepts)
- You possess the gift of communication! Support is more than just handling tickets. It's representing the brand voice and values as our relationship managers. You may even be responsible for demos or walkthroughs with our VIP users to onboard them into the platform.
- Ability to handle sometimes tough conversations with users with a smile (or emoji)
- ****Ability to handle (rare) stressful situations with high ticket volume and stepping in to help your teammates
- Real excitement to see customer wins, successful webinars run, and great feedback
- The drive to learn and grow every day
What does the average day look like in Demio? Imagine this:
Log in to your Slack app when you start the day and high five the team already on 🤝! Our team is all over the world, but we're always overlapping hours working together to innovate and move the company forward.
Review any development updates in Slack or Notion from your teammates on internal updates, urgent tickets, new bug fixes, or what's going on in the company for that day. Communication is always key here in a fast-moving company!
Log into Intercom and review the conversations going on for the day and see if anything should be reviewed prior to starting your shift. You can check in with any team leads on any urgent tickets and organize your priorities to make yourself successful for the day.
Our weekly success meeting will outline what we can expect for the week, any new initiatives, and bugs we are expecting to be crushed. If we have any backlogged conversations, you can start tackling those and following up with users.
Inside of the Intercom help desk, we’ll be doing live chat and email responses to help our users succeed with Demio! That means quickly diagnosing priority on tickets, understanding customer use cases, and product issues. Sometimes that means ringing up the engineering team or making tickets and sometimes that might mean jumping on a product call with a user to help them get unstuck.
It'll be important that you keep communication strong with the success team (especially during transitions) on what’s going on and where!
Then, you can high five your teammates again when you log off and update the team in Slack with your daily update!
Once a week, we'll review the tickets as a team, review team KPI’s and review any major issues (plus we’ll meet monthly to look where to improve for better internal systems across the company). And if it’s a Friday, we might pop a few beers (or glasses of wine) together on Demio and cheers to a great week!
More about the position:
We’re expecting this to start as a full-time shift for our team. This shift would be initially set for Monday through Friday 9am-5pm EST, but may move based on our needed overlap schedule.
We’re open to any time zone, as long as you can fulfill it!
The payment for this position will be based on experience and your background, but we’ll be very transparent on our initial calls to see if this is a fit.
But, we'll also be there to support you with our benefit programs
- Part of Demio's values is supporting your growth and development outside of work and we want to help you seek out ways to find balance in your mind, body and soul. Earn $250/month for any of the following items: Books, courses, gym, food, a meditation app, mentoring, or language learning reimbursement
- As a Demio team member, we encourage you to take time to recharge, explore, and travel the world. 😎 You'll have access to 10 days of PTO after your first 3-months, earning 2-more days each year. We also offer Paid Parental leave, Sick leave, COVID leave, and a 4-day work week program once a quarter.
- Co-working space reimbursement if you need to get out of the home office
- Earning $1,000 in a set-up stipend to upgrade your equipment and another upgrade stipend after 2 years.
- Full travel, lodging, and fun at our (hopefully) in-person Annual team retreat
- Working with a truly mission-driven team motivated by excellence
- Real room for growth in professional and personal development
What to do next:
If this sounds exciting to you, and you think working with an awesome startup company sounds great, let’s talk.
Shoot us a reply to [email protected]
with #SupportingDemioIn2021 in your subject line, and we’ll set up an interview.
Here’s what we’ll need for in the email:
- A short overview of why you think Demio might be the right fit for you
- A résumé is cool but not necessary, feel free to include any and all recommendations from past colleagues or employers (LinkedIn works :D )
- Tell us about you personally, stuff you’re into – what your goals are, where you are in life and where you want to be in life.
- What’s your favorite book
- BONUS! Include a video of yourself telling us a little bit about yourself – just post it on Vimeo/YouTube/etc. This will greatly increase your chances of an interview! :)
Take your time to articulate your thoughts, there’s no prize for submitting quickly. No need to write everything, but this is a great way for us to learn about your ability to communicate and be thoughtful. If you're missing these questions, you will not be added to our initial review. 😭
That’s it 🙏! We look forward to meeting you!