Bitso is Latin America's leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how Latin Americans think about and use their monetary resources. To achieve this, we'll provide hundreds of millions of individuals across Latin America with fast, cost-efficient, and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology. Cryptocurrency, or encrypted monetary resources, does not rely on an intermediary to give it legitimacy or value. Instead, it is valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that runs it. We think it's time for Latin Americans to have an alternative form of currency.
What we value:
- Passion, technical expertise, and personal accomplishments.
- Independent ownership of business problems and their solutions.
- Solid engineering skills (e.g. design patterns, automated testing, fault-tolerant systems).
- Passion for aggressively automating everything we do.
- Developers who can navigate around a Linux box and a production environment.
- Experience with using open source tools and participating in open source projects.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done.
- Design and develop fault tolerant, reliable, scalable and secure production infrastructure.
- Develop systems and tools to enable hands-off deployment and management of production software.
- Propose and implement solutions as and when problems arise.
- Guide engineers on the creation of Docker, Scripts, Terraform, Jenkins, K8s resources, etc.
- Own and implement robust monitoring and alerting solutions to identify issues proactively.
To succeed in this role, you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Have experience with AWS infrastructure - AWS Lambda, AWS Aurora, EC2, VPC, EKS, etc.
- Experience running Kubernetes in production.
- Experience Terraform, Jenkins, Spinnaker.
- Experience with Linux Adminstration
- English language proficiency.
Additionally, it would be nice if you:
- Coding in a wide variety of languages, we prefer python, go and java
- Have experience with Database administration
- Have experience manage on premises datacenters
- Have good networkingunderstanding (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, firewalls)
- Act as a mentor within the team and with other functions
- Are passionate about cryptocurrencies and fintech.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful
- Salary: We pay very competitively in the countries where we operate, based on sophisticated high-tech markets
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom
- Performance Bonus: Your hard work will be rewarded with an attractive bonus plan.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You chose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office.
*As you move on to the final stage of our talent attraction journey, we will ask you to please complete our background check process.
*This role is expected to work remotely.