We are looking for a Product Designer to join the WQA team. We’re a remote first team with a UK base.
You'll be an essential player in connecting our product experiences and creating solutions that accelerate the product development lifecycle. This is a central role that reports to the Head of Experience Design.
You will work with a collaborative Engineering team to empower Designers and Engineers across the company.
- Take projects from the exploration phase all the way to MVP and beyond
- Work with a cross-functional team to ship high impact design for our internal teams and clients
- Work with design system details, and balance making design decisions quickly and when to spend time deeply researching problems
- Own and execute the design process for creating and improving components and patterns. Create tools and libraries for designers to easily use
- Work with other designers to troubleshoot issues, field questions, and provide guidance.
- 3+ years of experience working in Product Design
- Experience directly working on Design Systems is a must
- Expertise in design best practices, especially with regard to accessibility, internationalisation and mobile vs web
- Strong project management and connector skills.
- A portfolio that shows high-quality design and you thought process through projects.
- Experience with Engineering processes and working on an Agile/Scrum team
- Advanced expertise in Sketch and Figma (able to build/maintain libraries). Willing to experiment with new processes and tools.
- Advanced level of English Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- The ability to be self-started and know what makes you productive
How to apply
CVs are great, but we get most excited about the projects you’re most proud of.
Not able to show any of your work publicly? That’s cool, just give us ahead's up so we can find a workaround.
WQA are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of the best people who believe in and are passionate about creating the best digital products. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.
We'd still love to hear from you even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria.