Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
Our Platform Engineering team is looking to add a software engineer who has a knack for application performance and optimization. This role will have a direct impact on our customers, our engineers, and ultimately on our business by ensuring our application/services are highly available, performant, scalable, and secure.
What you'll be doing
Our Platform Engineering team handles multiple disciplines such as SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), SQE (Site Quality engineering), DevX & Ops (Developer Experience and Operations), Security, and API.
You will join our Platform Engineering team with an initial focus on SRE to help meet our service level objectives (SLO's) by eliminating timeouts, addressing any performance bottlenecks, optimizing ruby code for efficiency, and tuning queries for high performance. Beyond your initial focus, you will have the opportunity to expand to other disciplines to improve the developer experience, build tooling and infrastructure, and enhance the security and code quality of our products.
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
We’re a well-funded startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company. We recently raised a $21M Series B round and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can learn more about it here
Our main goal as Platform Engineers is to ensure a high performing, reliable platform for our customers and provide top-notch infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline, and tools necessary for our engineers to be productive and focus on creating value.
We organize our development work into a weekly cadence that takes inspiration from Kanban and Agile methodologies. While we keep meetings to a minimum, we’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools such as Slack, Zoom, GitHub, and Notion. We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and know you do, too.
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web framework
- Experience profiling, benchmarking source code and addressing performance bottlenecks
- Fundamental understanding of multi-threaded code and experience with debugging complex race conditions
- Query optimization in any relational database systems
- Experience with APM tools
- Effective at code review and identifying potential performance problems before they reach production
Considered a plus, if you have experience with...
- Site Reliability Engineering
- CI/CD Pipeline
- Security and Compliance