Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
One of the things our customers love most about Fleetio is its user-friendliness. We take design and UX extremely seriously and are looking to add to our engineering team to help us continue to delight our customers.
We're looking for a user-focused, expert-level React engineer with high-quality UI/UX skills and experience with web frameworks (Ruby-on-Rails preferred). This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this. Please note, this is a remote role and is only open to US-based candidates.
What you'll be doing
You will focus on delivering a delightful user experience using React and other modern front-end tooling. Although this role is more UI-focused, you should feel comfortable developing across the full web stack to add backend functionality when features may call for it. You will also have opportunities to flex your design and UX skills as you collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to plan, design, and drive the implementation of cohesive solutions.
Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, React and AngularJS (we're currently migrating to React), PostgreSQL. We’re on Rails 6 and strive to keep our frameworks and libraries up to date.
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
- Our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We have aligned our teams, tools, and processes to achieve this. Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We've also optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to make it painless to run our test suite and get code into our production environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week.
- We’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We work in a weekly cadence and are very organized. While we keep meetings to a minimum, our team is highly collaborative and takes advantage of tools such as Slack, Zoom, GitHub, and Notion. We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and know you do, too.
- 3+ years of production React experience
- Professional experience with web application frameworks (Ruby-on-Rails preferred)
- Experience with modern JS ecosystem tooling, such as Webpack, Babel
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, RSpec
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Understanding of the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Ability to break down large problems into smaller deliverable chunks
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
Considered a plus, if you...
- Have experience with Tailwind or CSS-in-JS frameworks
- Have experience with TypeScript
- Have experience upgrading/rewriting existing UI's
- Have experience with client-side JS performance profiling tools
- Know a thing or two about the fleet industry
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly