We are an automotive lifestyle brand for people who love cars and love driving them. We have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager on our motorsports team. Vroom vroom!
This is a full-time remote role open to anyone eligible for employment in the United States (citizen, green card, visa holder, etc).
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager for Hagerty Motorsports, you are part of the leadership team providing tactical and strategic direction to ensure the stability and continuous improvement of our motorsport software platforms including MotorsportReg.com, RaceHero and SpeedWaiver. Our membership and event management platforms are used by 1,300 clubs, racetracks and sanctioning bodies to organize more than 7,000 events annually making it the largest automotive and motorsport event marketplace in the world.
Your team will be building and evolving systems and APIs built with Docker and AWS using technologies like Postgres, Node, VueJS, Lambda, SNS and more. You and your team will expand our product into new segments and international markets.
You will be leading technical teams operating in an agile environment and providing guidance to the Product Manager and business partners. You will be a key team member executing large complex projects, mentoring team members, maturing processes and standards, removing impediments, influencing design choices, product thinking and interacting with stakeholders.
You are accountable to on-time technical delivery that is reliable, scalable, secure, and maintainable. You will handle five key categories of activities:
- Guide technical planning for prioritized initiatives. Close architectural gaps identified during the development cycle.
- Execution of the development process including breakdown of stories into technical tasks and backlog grooming.
- Maintaining code standards with code reviews and testing to ensure that we can confidently refactor and ship.
- DevOps and technical operations to ensure that local, staging, and production environments are highly available and performant for users.
- Communicate progress internally and coordinate product delivery with sales, marketing and support.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire and scale the team; continually growing a bench, recruiting top-notch customer-driven engineers, coaching them for success, and challenging them to perform at a high level.
- Work with the Product Manager to ensure alignment and delivery on strategic product implementations while providing feedback on product features and user experiences.
- Ensure development environments and infrastructure are reliable, easy to use and easy to onboard with to accelerate developer productivity.
- Grow the technical expertise of your team on performance, security, scalability and maintainable architecture.
- Conduct vendor evaluations and align budget to tools and services to satisfy the needs of your team.
- Perform code reviews for employee and contractor pull requests. Identify improvement opportunities and provide coaching to team members.
- Manage team and backlog using an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality delivery is at the forefront of your team’s initiatives.
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring and leadership support.
- Maintain the best user experience through proactive monitoring and problem-solving issues.
- Track and communicate performance of your team, nurturing a culture of performance, quality and accountability.
This Might Describe You
- Experience managing vendors and third-party consultants, including responsibility for related deliverables and budgets.
- Expertise implementing and operating AWS services including ECS (Fargate), RDS, SNS, Lambda
- Experience in test automation frameworks and implementing automated test suites within CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience in developing consumer products is preferred. i.e e-commerce, SaaS, two-sided marketplaces.
- Understands scaling challenges of various constructs.