hy.am studios is an independent branding and design studio in Berlin. We create brands, digital products and experiences that impact culture and drive business. We put imagination and collaboration at the centre of everything we do.
Our clients range from innovative start-ups to recognised international brands and are mostly from the fashion, media and technology industry. Check out hyam.de for more information.
We are looking for an experienced Senior UI/UX Designer to lead the UI/UX design for various client projects from initial requirements to the final product.
You will be responsible for facilitating the client’s product vision in close collaboration with other team members by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing solutions.
In your roles as a Senior UI/UX Designer, you are also in charge of developing a visual design language, interaction concepts and animations for our digital projects.
We expect you to collaborate closely with other team members, lead by example to show the difference between “good” and “great” work, and inspire your colleagues to get there.
You are someone who likes to push forward with new concepts and technologies. You seek new opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Then this is your chance to work with a highly skilled team on award-winning digital products and experiences.
- Lead the UI/UX design across the entire project lifecycle – from initial requirements to the final product
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for various digital projects, mainly e-commerce, web, and mobile.
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods to gain valuable market and user insights, and to create user personas and customer journey maps
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and high-fidelity prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences and elegant solutions
- Quickly produce multiple ideas, knowing when to apply pixel-perfection, and when to sketch, wireframe and prototype
- Prepare and present presentations that effectively communicate your concepts and designs
- Turn mockups into visual designs optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Develop interaction concepts and animations
- Create product specifications for development to ensure a smooth design hand-over
- Show the difference between “good” and “great” work, and inspire the design team to get there
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Who you are
- 5+ years of proven work experience as UI/UX designer, preferably within a creative agency, brand or start-up. Experience in e-commerce is a plus.
- An outstanding portfolio of distinctive and creative design solutions for international startups and brands, either online or PDF
- Extensive experience in using UI/UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of e-commerce, mobile-first and responsive design, and accessibility
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, and rapid prototyping
- Ability to work with various clients to understand detailed product requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Ability to clearly communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- An open-minded creative who is excited about collaborating closely with team members and other stakeholders via a distributed model,
- A passion for design, fashion, music, and culture
- Fluent English (written and verbal) is a requirement; German is a bonus
- Starting date: ASAP
What we offer
- A creative work environment with exciting challenges
- A young and diverse company culture with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Flextime, home office policy, and a modern open workspace close in Prenzlauerberg (U-Bahn Eberswalderstraße)
- Salary range: 72 - 78k € per annum
- Attractive employee benefits (e.g. budget for professional development, BVG ticket, Urban Sports Club Membership, team-offsites)
- Once we return to Pre-COVID19 normalcy, we will offer all the other agency swag you’d expect: table football, monthly team events, and unlimited drinks, fruits, and snacks.
Did we capture your interest?
Guess so! Otherwise, you wouldn’t have read this far. :D Reach out and let us know why you’d be a good fit for the job. Please use the indicated link to apply.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees. Therefore, we encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientation to apply!