We are looking for a UX/UI designer that combines creative thinking with robust functionality.
Surgical Safety Technologies is a small company with a big footprint in the healthcare industry. Our product was named TIME's invention of the year, and it was just the Beta version! We are currently recruiting for THAT key UX/UI designer to be in charge of the user analytics portal – we want more than bar graphs– we are looking for a storyteller that understands the power of data, knows the design fundamentals, uses best typography practices, and can balance between innovative thinking and robust functionality.
You will work as part of a cross-functional team composed of Data Scientists, Business Analysts, Clinical Analysts, and the development team. While reporting to the Create Lead of SST to ensure the UX and UI are consistent with the corporate brand, and who will nurture and protect your creative expression.
- Passionate about the power of data-driven insights.
- Seeks constructive criticism during all phases of the product lifecycle
- UX/UI trained Designer with experience in interactive design working with digital products.
- Understand the product lifecycle from research, through prototyping, to design & usability testing.
- Experienced working with design and collaboration tools such as XD, Sketch, Figma, GitHub, Confluence, etc.
- Pixel-accuracy design delivery.
- A team player that listens, collaborates and brainstorm with different stakeholders with different skill levels.
- Critical thinker.
- Excellent strategic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe range of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver
- Experience with HTML5 & CSS3
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Working with the product team that focuses on provided insights to hospitals from the metrics we gather and analyze. You will be working closely with the data science team, clinical analysts, and business analysis.
- Designing user-friendly features that balance innovative UI with robust functionality.
- Creating flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Contributing to the overall strategy and decision-making about product direction.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Own, manage, organize and design shared styles, symbols, templates, and other assets in our Design Library
- Play a key role at every stage of the design lifecycle, and ensure our goals are aligned with clients & end-user needs.
- Conduct extensive product research based on usability tests, support tickets, data & competitor analysis, to support design and product recommendations and decisions.
- Be open to learning new products and new technologies.
Only candidates with a strong portfolio will be considered
Surgical Safety Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to our business and our customer relationships. We welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, sex, race, nationality, or disability.