Big dreams and big goals require beautiful storytelling, compelling visuals and a sharp, creative eye to bring our culture and employer brand strategy work to life. Working closely with the People Experience Team, the right creative designer will bring a mix of creative thinking, digital and marketing expertise, and business understanding to this position, promoting our company to prospective team members, while keeping our team connected & engaged with the company’s values and operating ethos.
We’re looking for an experienced designer -- someone who can inspire others, build a strong internal brand, fully connected to our external brand and take our entire creative to a new level as we continue to grow. Although your primary focus will be designing for People Experience and our internal employer brand, you will be a part of the Marketing creative team. Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
Objectives of this Role
- Build, lead, produce and review all creative assets designed, developed or provided by others in relation to the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral that promotes, describes and infuses the employer brand, higher purpose, values and cultural norms of TaxJar.
- Develop creative concepts and designs for marketing campaigns, including ads, infographics, web content, e-books, and more.
- In partnership with our Employer Brand (EB) strategist, spearhead and manage the evolution of EB content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology.
- Partner with Employer Brand and Engagement on editorial calendar creation and adherence
- Collaborate and partner with our Culture/Employer Brand teams in designing the visual expression/treatment of our culture (i.e. Team handbook, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report and other tools and vehicles such as our bi-annual JarFest, team retreats and Company Calls) creating consistent and compelling creative visuals, illustrations and decks for use in any and all venues where culture needs to be present.
- Develop the visuals that help drive internal marketing campaigns for programs and projects that require connection, inspiration and clear and motivating creative strategies.
- Be the primary designer for the CEO & Steering Team members’ presentations when required, ensuring all visuals & written communications are compelling and on brand.
- Develop and deploy the right strategies around team identities and sub-cultural personas, so that each team feels a sense of connection and belonging to both their own team and the overall company at large.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts on the People Experience Team to help develop guidelines to establish clear, consistent and culture-informed internal communications that engage across all teams.
- Help us meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses, always looking for unique and creative ways to get A++ work accomplished.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of related design experience.
- Experience in crafting work in the mediums of advertising, social media, conceptual campaigns, product launches, branding, photography, film and video.
- Experience with a variety of software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator , etc.
- Ability to independently manage complex creative projects.
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts such as digital, social media, paid media and mobile, with additional understanding of offline and print media
- Proven experience with concept development
- Self-motivated and highly skilled in guiding and inspiring a team of and all audiences with which they engage
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Successfully demonstrate the importance of connecting visual and human storytelling through team, customer and product stories
- Experience as part of a team scaling a rapidly growing organization
- Remote experience working across multiple teams
- Experience managing and providing feedback to external vendors
Responsibilities, include and are not limited to:
- Lead creative projects across various programs and initiatives, occasionally partnering with internal and external resources including graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of visuals, messages and deliverables.
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments, again, inside and outside TaxJar when needed.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with stakeholders on PXT and other teams as needed to maintain strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address Employer Brand marketing goals and challenges
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Create roadmap for creative work in collaboration with Employer Brand, Marketing and Engagement Teams, and consult with the Marketing team to forecast deadlines that ensure PXT deliverables are met on time
- Create a mutually beneficial partnership with the Marketing Team, to ensure TaxJar’s Culture is infused throughout the external Brand communications where appropriate
- Ensure all key stakeholders throughout the People Experience Team are supported when communicating and sharing work with the broader teams, help to bring their work to life visually and in compelling ways
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company retreats (virtual for now, and fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here
We’re a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.