’s remote-only team of 160+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager who wants to help us make eCommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
As an Engineering Manager for TaxJar you will:
- Lead a high performing engineering team
- Be a decision maker in a fast paced, agile environment
- Conduct 1-1s with your reports and assist them in their career growth
- Work with product owners to ensure the backlogs are always filled and prioritized
- Demonstrate the ability to manage in a fully remote environment
- Be the primary point of contact in TaxJar for your team
- Protect the happiness and output of your engineers
- Run standups, retrospectives, and post-mortems
- Be part of a high performing management team
- Report team health and progress metrics to upper leadership
- Help in sizing and hiring for existing and new teams
- Experience in engineering management at scale-up to mid-market level companies
- Proficient and flexible Scrum and Agile practitioner
- A deep understanding of platform integrations and SaaS products
- An expert in keeping your team laser focused and protected from external distractions
- Well versed in working with a Product Team and stakeholders
- Can manage projects from epic creation to the final deployment
- Ability to write clear and accurate reports on team & project metrics
- Be accountable to your reports in helping them progress in their careers
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Worked with agile methodologies
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
We’re a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
Please view our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging statement and report here.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course, currently virtual due to covid)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12-week paid maternity/paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you send us a referral for someone who may be a great candidate for this role, we'll pay you $1,000 if we hire them. To refer someone, please email their full name to [email protected]
and add “Candidate Referral - [Job Title]” to the subject line once the individual has applied for a role.