About the job
Bridebook is the UK’s leading wedding planning app and website, providing planning tools, advice and a directory of venues and suppliers to engaged couples. We are bringing wedding planning into the modern age, using technology to make it as stress-free and rewarding as it should be. We have 2/3 of engaged couples in the UK using Bridebook and are present in 101 countries. This is just the beginning.
We are seeking a Full-stack Developer to help shape the future of our business as we continue to scale towards being a global leader. You will be responsible for looking over key parts of our infrastructure while also working closely with our developers and product owners to bring our product vision to life.
- Expert in Typescript
- Strong experience with document stores non-relational database (Google Cloud Firestore is a major plus)
- Experience with React
- Experience with Git and its best practises
- Expert in creating and managing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of authentication methodologies and general security principles
- Experience with cloud services like AWS and GCP
- Experience with CSS in JS approach (using Fela, chakra UI or Tailwind)
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Experience with Next.JS, RxJS and Redux
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework and/or Google Cloud Functions
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience in profiling, debugging and monitoring cloud services
- Knowledge of Python
- The ability to work across the stack (backend and frontend) based on our roadmap and business needs
- Maintaining a secure, sustainable and scalable backend architecture
- Working towards carrying out effective systems monitoring and logging, using the results to help shape our product decisions
- Having full understanding and alignment with our company goals so that they serve as the basis of the work you drive forward
- Working closely with product managers and developers to help deliver a product that satisfies business and technical constraints
- You have 4-5 years experience as a developer
- You are an active communicator; able to effectively collaborate with both the technical and business sides of the company
- You are solution-focused and have a positive attitude
- You are a strategic and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You have a track record of helping to build successful products and have experience working directly with product managers and business stakeholders
- You are comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- You are committed to writing high-quality code and proactively fixing issues
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Mid-weight Full-stack Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Please note this position is open to applicants who are based in areas that allow them to comfortably work within our UK time zone (max. 3 hour time difference).