About the team
Miro is a successful and fast growing engineering company that has created a business-critical tool for various companies across the globe. We developed our product in a monolith application paradigm but it’s time to change it.
Service Communications team is a new service team which is aimed to build and support a foundation for service-to-service communications.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead. As the Service Communications team is a new function, a large part of your role will be to participate in developing and executing the strategy and being part of the hiring process too. At first, we need to support some base RPC interactions and then introduce other communications patterns to allow product-development teams to move faster.
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute service-to-service communications strategy at Miro, communicate it with the team and stakeholders.
- Lead the engineering team responsible for service communications architecture, infrastructure and quality. Hire and develop new talent.
- Consolidate existing, and create new best practices for service and client-server communications for the entire engineering organisation
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience in development with the required stack (Java, Spring Boot)
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of developers: recruiting and onboarding, mentoring, professional development, motivation
- Experience of building a foundation for microservice/SOA architecture, especially service-to-service layer
- Experience building high load and large scale distributed systems
- Experience working in an agile cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and fluency in English
What's in it for you
- Stock Option Grant
- Medical Insurance coverage
- Allowance to facilitate remote working during WFH period
- Weekly remote team activities to keep the spirits high
- Opportunity to work for a truly global multicultural team
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided when back in the office.