As an Android Engineer, you and your team will make sure our global portfolio of Android apps (Such as the App Annie app and Astro File Manager), used by millions of users, remains successful. You’ll also help to innovate and extend our suite of measurement technologies at the foundation of our usage products to help feed App Annie’s market intelligence product.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
“I work with a talented, data-driven team of engineers, UX designers and product managers to create a suite of world class Android apps packing cutting edge technology, used by millions of users.“
How will you be doing this?
- Working with a multidisciplinary team creating technical solutions that are built to last and extend far beyond the UI layer
- Setting priorities with product managers and UX designers, to make decisions that are good for both the user and the business
- Contributing to architectural design discussions and the technical roadmap by always asking yourself: how can we do this better, faster and more efficient?
- Being pragmatic about testability, quality and delivery
- You follow privacy by design and hold the data and privacy of App Annie’s users in high regard
What do you bring to the party?
- You’re smart and you have a way to prove it (e.g., a B.S. or M.S. in computer science and relevant code projects)
- You love getting things done right: from design to delivery, your code keeps running!
- Deep knowledge of the Android SDK and Platform beyond the basics. Experience with Android Jetpack Libraries, Services, Dagger and Kotlin Multiplatform are a plus!
- You excel when working closely together with designers, product managers and other developers to create something more as a team
- A well founded opinion about testability
- You know your tools and you’re not afraid to use them (e.g., gradle, profilers, gitlab CI, charlesproxy, etc.)
- A love for shipping awesome stuff!
- You’re a mobile fanatic, positively curious and a technology enthusiast
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and perks
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations (Utrecht, Beijing, San Francisco & more!)
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Home Internet allowance to help cover a secure, stable internet connection
- WFH Equipment Allowance to ensure you have the best set up in your home office
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues
Ok, a bit more about us
App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 1 million registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners..
App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, London and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Yes, I want this job!