Xayn is a privacy-protecting search alternative that enables users to gain back control over the algorithms and provides them with a smooth user-experience. Using the latest AI technology made in Europe, we usher in a new generation of user-friendly privacy tech – making privacy available for everyone.
After starting as a research project at The University of Oxford and Imperial College London, Xayn was founded in 2017. Our open-source framework for federated analytics and learning, XayNet, is the basis of the privacy-protecting personalised search engine Xayn. For further information on products and research, visit xayn.com.
As Senior QA Engineer (m/f/d) you build up and lead our internal software QA to a higher level. You will play a critical role in current and future development efforts by helping ensure that our software consistently meets a high-quality bar.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Define and implement testing strategies, as well as support and drive testing efforts across the engineering team.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Heavily support to prepare and document releases.
- Design detailed and comprehensive test cases even before a feature is built.
- Implement clear quality goals and guidelines for existing systems and plan accordingly for new developments.
- Be in charge for the release management.
- Effectively manage communication between QA and other teams using relevant tools; communicate with company leadership to keep them informed of the key metrics and trends.
- In cooperation with the software development team, build out automated test infrastructure where possible.
- Mid term: Recruit, hire, onboard, mentor, and evaluate QA team members.
- 3+ years of experience in QA for Software products, ideally App and Web, with deep understanding of quality assurance methodologies, tools and processes.
- Fundamental understanding and experience of software and how it’s built and deployed. Previous coding experience is a big plus.
- Experience in building comprehensive test plans based on clear system requirements.
- Experience in writing tests (unit, integration, UI, scripts, ...).
- Good understanding about what impacts users and what not.
- Pro-active mindset and good soft-skills, you can communicate clearly with customers, leadership and especially developers.
- You love to break software and you have an eye for details.
- You can identify yourself with a privacy-focused product.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Business proficiency in English language, German is a plus.
- Full time availability and eligibility to work in Germany.
- Nice to have: Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Be part of a dynamic, international, ambitious team of talented people.
- A great opportunity for professional growth and self-improvement on a strategic and creative level.
- Entrepreneurial flexibility, autonomy and flat hierarchies.
- A fast-paced, multi-faceted working environment and an exciting company product.
- A competitive pay.
- Budget and allocated time for Personal Development.
- Administrative Support with Visa Process and Relocation when needed.
- Free drinks and (remote) company events at the office in the heart of Berlin (near Brandenburger Tor).
Do you feel you are the right fit for this opening and are you excited about starting your next challenge? Then we’re excited to hear from you!
(Note to Recruiters: We are not seeking for support at the moment.)