To help drive the transformation, JP Morgan Merchant Services is seeking an experienced Payments Product and Operational expert to work on several projects representing Operational teams and Internal tools as new product solutions are being rolled out to Clients in a new agile environment. This team member will work with others in the group and in a team to be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of internal products, procedures and requirements and SOPs to support the release of a New Gateway, Alternative MOPS, processing in other countries as well as new reporting solutions.
This Product role will sit in the Operations organization and will partner heavily with other Product, Operations and Technical leads to deliver the detail level execution of these initiatives from an operational perspective. The implementation of the execution of these efforts will be the measure of success and a single approach to tracking, measuring, reporting and closing gaps is critical. The primary objective of the role is to ensure successful delivery of the product solution-- on time, on scope, on budget, with exceptional quality and strong controls.
This is an execution focused role that requires extensive experience with various project delivery methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
Lead the Operational execution of deliverables required for Operations Integrations: Partner with and support various teams across Merchant Services to deliver against product requirements that represent client commitments ensuring on scope, on budget, on time, with exceptional quality.
Relationship Management: Partner with Product Management, ITBA's, Operations and Planning Leads to map business needs to specific initiatives and targeted delivery timeframes; manage overall portfolio of internal products and projects. Partner with Planning, Product, Operations and Technology leaders to deliver and improve shared processes along the way. Be a messenger of change supporting the new approach to our business as part of the overall Transformation initiatives.
Communications & Reporting: Ensure Business Leads and stakeholders are proactively kept in the loop and that PMs develop high quality status reporting. Support monthly reporting and deck creation as needed. Escalate gaps in project support.
• Understand the Business' strategic direction and priorities and partner with them to translate needs of the business into specific SOPs, requirements and staffing proposals to support the new solutions and clients.
• Own and drive day-to-day program management of delivering the target state transformation of Operations for Merchant Services, as a part of the new Wholesale Payments business, within APAC, NAMR and LATAM
• Effectively and accurately communicate the status of the work stream, including key risks, issues and potential solutions in a non-technical manner
• Ensure proper Business, Product, Technology and Operations leadership and accountability across this initiative
• Establish effective program management and accountability structure.
• Build content and support executive level meetings around progress, issue identification and resolution
• Attend project meetings - represent all Operational functions with deep subject matter expertise - advocate and solution for the Client and Employee experience.
• Work as part of the team to define and recommend the target state model rebuilt to support the new processing platform.
• Facilitate revisions of new SOPs and RCSA process map for the operations teams.
• Collaborate with team members to build hypothesis sets, analyses, and roadmaps for solutions
• Scope problems, identify issues and actionable opportunities, design solutions, and quantify financial and business impacts, when required
• Document a process and be able to assess potential capacity assessment for a team
• Design, structure, and execute both complex quantitative and qualitative analyses, when required
• Proven product and project management capabilities with a strong analytical bias; ability to flex between details and the bigger picture
• Knowledge of product development processes, project management processes and understanding of product development lifecycle strongly preferred
• Deep knowledge of the payments process and products and the Merchant Service technical systems and how they connect
• Proven Product, Operational and Technical experience and knowledge within Merchant Services. 6+ years
• Ability to influence and negotiate with peers and leaders across multiple functions and lines of business
• Strong general management and leadership skills
• Exceptional presentation skills; significant experience developing and delivering compelling Power Point presentations that "tell a story" and enable decisions to be made
• Ability to act in a calm, organized, energetic manner in a dynamic environment where there are shifting priorities and demands with tight timelines and deadlines.
• Demonstrated bias for action, creative problem-solving and achieving fulfillment by \"creating order out of chaos\"; Ability to creatively solve complex issues
• High achievement orientation with ability to lead and motivate others around results. Ability to create a people-centered culture that focuses on performance, engagement and personal accountability
• Ability to create effective and efficient communication and decision-making processes and an ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization, including the ability to flex personal communication styles between audiences with different levels of attention and focus.
• Ability to build effective partnerships across the business and influence outcomes without formal authority
• Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas
• Exceptional business acumen with extensive experience interacting with all level of level employees/teams
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including significant time spent in operations, Product and technology teams within the Merchant space
• Advanced working knowledge of the payments space / acquiring industry
• Strong understanding of business and management functions in financial services
• Advanced knowledge of key software development arenas including requirements definition, functional specifications, technical design, development, Microsoft Office products
• Proven, strong, proactive communication skills and executive presentation skills, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Preferred candidates will come from tenured Merchant Services or other Merchant Acquirer/processor/vendor experience in order to be able to quickly add value.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans