SafetyWing (YC w2018) is building a global social safety net. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Product Manager for Remote Health, the world’s first global health insurance for remote teams.
This role is a combination of product manager and operational leader. Remote Health combines building great user experiences on top of smooth operational execution of the actual insurance benefits (e.g. claims, onboarding etc.). An ideal candidate should not only understand great user experience, but have the entrepreneurial spirit to bring all areas of the business together along with external insurance partners towards common goals.
We're a strong team of 20, our headquarter is in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed stretching 10 timezones (Finland to California).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the product owner for Remote Health - you will be responsible for us hitting product and growth goals, as well as being the voice of the Remote Health customers
- Working with our engineering and design team to creatively solve problems and implement user interface improvements
- Coordinating our marketing and sales teams to ensure efforts are consistent with product strategy and that we are reaching our growth goals
- Being the main point of contact in SafetyWing for our insurance partners
- Making everyone else who’s working on Remote Health’s life easier by keeping them organized. You’ll be the last-resort, so a task no one else can do, you will have to do until we can hire for it
- You have direct Product Management experience or equivalent experience as an entrepreneur. Ideally, you’ve also worked in the B2B space before.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude and enjoy all aspects of business. You also have strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up yours sleeves to get the job done.
- Leadership skills: you have an ability to make people around you fulfill their potential
- Project management skills: you have the ability to plan a project, gather the resources through and see it through to completion no matter what challenges you encounter.
- Product experience: you have good judgment in making something people love so much they tell their friends.
We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
You will receive both salary and equity compensation, health insurance, laptop, and during non-covid times we have three to four yearly gatherings where you will join us. The previous three were in Norway, Mexico and San Francisco respectively. The next one is planned for Ljubljana when the border situation gets better.
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com.
*You can work from any location you choose, but the Asia time zones can be tricky with team meetings, that are mostly in European/American time zones.