• As the Industrial / Furniture Designer you will assist in the development of furniture and to visualize new product concepts, often working from a sketch and creating feasible CAD models for review.
• Concept ideation and rapid sketching .
• Work with Design partners and managing revisions during development. (file coding, drawing list, keep track of revisions, etc.)
• Producing and assembling complete shop drawings for prototyping and production.
• Communicate with our suppliers and manufacturers in Italy to follow the process of development.
• Degree in Industrial Design, Furniture Design or related field
• 5+ years or professional experience specific to furniture design and development
• Proficiency in Solidworks 3D modeling software (surface, solids, parts – assembly – drawings). A strong grasp of the surfacing capabilities and work flow is necessary.
• Sketching ability, visualization skills and a keen sense of proportion
• Previous experience in high-end bespoke furniture / millwork is an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Italian is an asset.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and materials; upholstery experience is an asset.
• Pro-active with the ability to thrive within a small team environment. The ideal candidate is driven to create excellent work and contributes to the growth and continual improvement of the company.
• Eligible to work in Canada.