Manufacturing, inventory control and traceability/compliance present some very complex logic challenges, so our mission is to take the "difficult" and break it down into a simple and elegant experience for our customers.
Manufacturing is a tough business and the companies that make the products we all use daily need good tools to protect their businesses and their customers.
Wherefour's cloud-based and mobile-friendly ERP and traceability software makes it easier for product manufacturers (think packaged food and beverages, personal care products, cannabis, cosmetics, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, pet food, etc.) to track and lot code their ingredients, monitor the costs of each production batch, and keep track of which customers got which products. We provide a modern ERP for today's manufacturers.
Position is 100% remote and full-time with benefits.
What You'll Do
Work on our platform, implement new features, build integrations to other systems, maintain existing code, help with customer support and expand the capabilities of our platform and business.
Design is a key differentiator for our app, so we need you to have a "decent-to-good" design aesthetic. You don't need to actually be a designer, but we are looking for the type of developer who thinks like us -- great design and user experience determine how a feature is built. Design is not an afterthought.
You will need solid skill with Ruby on Rails 6, Postgres, Bootstrap and sprinklings of Vue.js where needed. We host directly on AWS and keep gems to a minimum but do rely on: Stripe, Devise, Pundit, Shrine, Sidekiq, Minitest and Webpacker. There is a steady stream of complex programming and logic puzzles for us to solve, and you will have a strong voice in the evolution of our app.
Ideally, you've worked on a SaaS application and are familiar with manufacturing, warehousing, and inventory control concepts and have prior experience in the food & beverage, beauty products or pharmaceutical industries.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 4+ years professional development experience, ideally on a SaaS inventory, compliance or manufacturing application.
- Shipped and maintained a commercial Ruby or Rails product.
- Self starter, thinks like an owner and cares about the end result.
- Takes responsibility for building solutions that solve customer pain and are easy to use.
- Comfortable working in a small company, appreciates variety and a culture attuned to create a high quality product and customer experience
- Owns more than just the code (e.g. some level of specifications, UI and testing).
- Collaborative, good communication skills, able to give and receive constructive feedback and works well in a distributed team.
- Based in the U.S. or Canada.
Learn more about us at: https://wherefour.com