Function is seeking an expert-level Lead Full Stack Engineer to help scale and deliver advanced products.
We're looking for a particularly strong engineer to help refine architecture, scope features, and build them end to end.
The perfect candidate will have a combination of product instincts combined with clean coding skills. This person should also be driven to ship superb products, while also understanding the tradeoffs between speed & quality.
As a full stack engineer, you'd be in the trenches on the backend and the frontend, and expected to drive construction quality of the app as a whole. Our stack currently is built on Vue /Nuxt / Tailwind frontend, and Laravel backend with servers on AWS.
- Architect high quality systems that are extensible in the future
- Lead development of features from the frontend to the backend
- Collaborate with product owners to develop new features
- Defining & communicating technical requirements
- Familiarity with web standards (HTML5, CSS & DOM)
- Competency with mobile web and responsive design
- Proficient understanding of git
- Independence, willingness to learn and problem solving skills are a must
- At least three years of related experience
- BA/BS in related field
- 3+ years of relevant software development industry experience
- Ability to translate design files (we use Figma) into clean HTML/CSS/JS
- $115,200.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Work from anywhere and any timezone. We are a distributed team working primarily during eastern standard time.
- 100% covered health insurance (Dental + Medical); just $50 for individuals or $100 for families, per month.