Function seeking an experienced Frontend Engineer to join our Product team.
Ideal candidates will exhibit versatility, display leadership qualities, and are enthusiastic to tackle challenges across the full frontend stack, from quick prototypes to public software releases.
Most importantly, candidates are hungry to be a part of exciting projects to improve the health and wellness of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with leads, developers, and designers to create and maintain responsive and immersive front-end experiences
- Build new features
- Debug development and production issues across multiple browsers and devices
- Work towards improving code quality, internal tools/processes, and documentation
You may fit this role if you:
- Seek to learn new things, and enjoy both teaching others and being taught
- Enjoy building websites, web apps, and UIs
- Use web development tools, like yarn, Nuxt, Babel, and Flow
- Can distinguish between SASS, PostCSS, and CSS-in-JS and have a preference
- Care deeply about the user experience, including performance and accessibility
- Pay strict attention to the details, and tend to obsess over them
- Understand when and how to add interactive elements, like animation
- Take production systems seriously, and expect others to do the same
- Know how to independently debug a complicated problem, and do so regularly
- Value tight teamwork to achieve results that surpass a single individual’s contributions
- Understand that every product/project requires an array
- Familiarity with web standards (HTML5, CSS & DOM)
- Competency with mobile web and responsive design
- Experience with multi-lingual sites a plus
- Proficient understanding of git
- Independence, willingness to learn and problem solving skills are a must
- At least three years of related experience
- BA/BS in related field
- 3+ years of relevant software development industry experience
- Ability to translate design files (we use Figma) into clean HTML/CSS/JS
- Bonus points for experience with Nuxt, Tailwind, and any CSS pre/post processor
- $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 100% healthcare coverage (only $50 for individuals, $100 for families per month)
This is a full-time, remote experience. Function has hubs in Washington DC, Pittsburgh PA, Raleigh NC, and greater Denver CO.
Function is a design studio at Promantus, exploring the relationship between wellness, technology, and the built environment.