42 is an end-to-end analytics stack for retailers & brands!
Whether it's store managers running a/b tests on new product placement, CEOs looking at their global store performance, or merchandisers planning the next season, our platform enables retailers and brands to get instant visibility in their business.
The majority of retailers don't have the in-house expertise to spin up data infrastructure. Instead, they piece together reports in excel on a daily basis. This works fine for small eCommerce brands, but not for retailers in the $100M-$5B range. That's where we come in.
We offer our customers:
- Retail-specific dashboard: best-practice metrics / visuals are built-in & customizable
- No integration: we make their data & systems work with our platform
- Hosted infrastructure: we host the pipelines & data warehouse
We also have a special business model for retailers which we're happy to share with
you during the interview :)
- We have high user engagement & no churn (even during the pandemic)
- We run the analytics for brands you know
- We are growing & profitable, with lots of runway
- Seed-stage & YC-backed
- Small team, lots of opportunities to grow and shape the future of the company
- We are a no ego, no bs, collaborative group passionate about our product & customers
- App: Isomorphic JS / TS, Lerna, SQL
- Data: PySpark, SQL
- Infra: AWS, GCP, Docker, K8s
- Automating the merging of datasets across similar data sources
- Processing human-generate datasets
- Creating connectors that are reusable but can be extended to add customer-specific tweaks
- Generalizing new features so that they work with all of our customers and can support many use cases
- Expose our unified data warehouse API to the world
- Create a metric notification system (ex: push out-of-stock alerts to Zapier)
- Hook up our authentication system to our customer's user directory
- Replace our SQL data warehouse with Spark 3.0 + GPUs
- Spin up an image resizing & caching proxy
- Build a portal to allow users to monitor the health of their data sources
- GPT-3 + 42 = ?
- Can overlap ~4hrs with UTC-7 (PT) timezone
- Experience with JS/TS and/or Python
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (or equivalent) preferred
- Familiar with SQL and data modeling
- Familiar with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- Can work well as part of a fast-paced remote-first startup
- Self-motivated, resourceful and can get things done with minimal direction
- Passionate about eliminating technical debt
- Competitive equity package
- Hardware stipend
- Company games every 2 weeks, IRL meetup every 6 months
- Flexible vacation policy
- Special requests welcome!
If this sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply via email [careers @ 42technologies.com] or the "Apply for this position" button – and put THE ANSWER in the subject line to prove you are a human.